Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Reproduction and Pregnancy

Reproduction and Pregnancy Discuss issues related to Reproduction and Pregnancy

Old March 16th, 2016, 10:06 AM

skyisthelimit is on a distinguished road
Crazy over my Baby

I just gave birth to a baby girl She's on her 10th week now and she's growing beautiful and healthier each day. I have been reading a lot of baby articles and getting more curious about baby's developments. I have a baby journal where I write all my munchkin's development. I even write current events and latest song or dance moves on that certain week. Am I the only one who is sooo into this kind of things?
Old March 16th, 2016, 11:00 AM
for President

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Crazy over my Baby

That's awesome! Good for you!
Old March 16th, 2016, 07:04 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

I have detailed baby books for 1 and 2. #3 has nothing.
Old March 18th, 2016, 06:51 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

nope - I think its awesome

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old April 20th, 2016, 01:57 PM

skyisthelimit is on a distinguished road

Thank you, guys! I am just so in love with my baby and I really want to keep a copy of each of her development.

Let me just also share with you that I felt a bit sad lately because I was too excited to let her have her first food. However, I just read from one pregnancy site that a baby should not be fed with solids yet until he/she is at least 4-5 months old. My friend told me that her first baby had his first food at 3 months. She let her son taste a 2 teaspoons of Gerber. But nothing serious happened so I thought it was just ok to do the same. Anyway, I would rather play safe than be sorry.
Old April 20th, 2016, 02:44 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyisthelimit View Post
Thank you, guys! I am just so in love with my baby and I really want to keep a copy of each of her development.

Let me just also share with you that I felt a bit sad lately because I was too excited to let her have her first food. However, I just read from one pregnancy site that a baby should not be fed with solids yet until he/she is at least 4-5 months old. My friend told me that her first baby had his first food at 3 months. She let her son taste a 2 teaspoons of Gerber. But nothing serious happened so I thought it was just ok to do the same. Anyway, I would rather play safe than be sorry.
My kids all had rice cereal around 6 weeks or so. It was like a switch-- they were so hungry and formula wasn't satisfying them. A tsp of very thinly mixed rice cereal did the trick. I waited on other foods until closer to 6 months.
Old April 20th, 2016, 03:50 PM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

I would follow the advice of your health visitor or practitioner. Guidelines on weaning change over the years. Even from my first child to my third things changed. I presume research has some influence on the advice currently given.

Sometimes your own judgement and gut feeling is plenty to go by but if you're unsure follow up with professional advice.
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old April 20th, 2016, 04:15 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

I have 2 boys now 15 and 11 and I gave them their first solids at 4 months.Any earlier and you can risk choking and them having digestion problems.Then I just started on baby food in the jars and little cans like custard,apple...only a couple of teaspoons after a feed. Too much and they get bad tummy pains and cry because of gas and digestion etc. After about 6 months you progress to mashed banana or mashed veges which is a bit more solid.....anyway thats what I did back then....at six months mine slept through the night with no bottles during night time only water if they were thirsty.....by that time they were eating a small plate of mashed food and a milk feed etc.
Old April 21st, 2016, 03:20 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

my DS is 17, and to be honest I don't remember what age I started him on stuff ... what I do remember is following what the dr said and reading/rereading my "What to expect ...." series books

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old June 25th, 2016, 12:12 AM

caralynbuehner is on a distinguished road

Hey, Its great to see that you are living your motherhood phase to the fullest and enjoying each moment with your baby. As per doctor's suggestion you can not give your baby a solid food in 3 months, it's not good for long term, it would be safe when the baby is 6 months old. I understand your concern, being a mother you want your baby to be healthy and chubby. But it would be excellent, if you would wait. You can get many ideas on <snip>, as there are many articles regarding parenthood and pregnancy.

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; July 23rd, 2016 at 07:40 AM. Reason: remove advertising