Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old May 3rd, 2016, 06:23 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Obesity and Set Weight

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/he...loss.html?_r=0

This is very interesting! Those who lost hundreds of pounds on the biggest loser gain it all back, and end up with a much slower metabolism and constant hunger. The do not recover their original metabolisms.

But I'm wondering if this happens with people who take a more gradual approach to weight loss.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 07:20 AM
for President

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Obesity and Set Weight

That's really interesting... I can relate to it. Although I've maintained a + or - 10lbs of my 215lb goal; I have noticed it's been a bit more difficult to stay under 220. I've been right around 220-225 for the past four months. I did get up to 235 over the holidays. It's probably why I ended up with the infernal planter fasciitis issue - weight gain (which it's getting slowly better).

I'm beginning to believe that maintaining weight loss is a mental battle too. I love my potato chips and, dog-gone-it... I won't allow myself to have any.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 09:30 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

That is very interesting, Lucy. I know it is very much harder for me to lose weight now than it has been in the past. I figured it was just age. I'm allegedly only allowed 1280 calories per day at my preferred weight. Kind of hard to do when I'm always hungry!!
Old May 3rd, 2016, 09:40 AM
for President

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had the patience to count calories. 50 here, 250 there... Ugh! That's like watching reruns of Gilligans Island...
Old May 3rd, 2016, 11:09 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'm pretty much a failure at it.
Old May 4th, 2016, 05:55 AM
for President

I tried counting calories a few times... I kept losing count.
Old May 4th, 2016, 06:25 AM

Swiss140 is just really niceSwiss140 is just really nice

I'm not a calorie counter but do count carbs and keep my portions down. plus try to walk every day though it's hard now that I work two jobs.
Old May 4th, 2016, 08:31 AM

I count carbs too, Swiss! Well, I don't exactly count them. I kind of "guesstimate" them.
Old May 5th, 2016, 01:04 PM
for President

I did the carb thing. It works pretty good. It's to bad too... I like my double cheese stuffed crust and all the greasy meaty pizza. Makes me sad...
Old May 5th, 2016, 01:46 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/he...loss.html?_r=0

This is very interesting! Those who lost hundreds of pounds on the biggest loser gain it all back, and end up with a much slower metabolism and constant hunger. The do not recover their original metabolisms.

But I'm wondering if this happens with people who take a more gradual approach to weight loss.
I watched a prog about these people and a couple of them said they said that once you are accepted to the show, you basically sign your life away and have to do what ever they ask of you. They worked them so hard until they vomited and then starved them all in the interest of losing so much weight.They reckoned they were starving all the time basically,working out for hours with no food.So they put it all back on because they were craving food basically.The show is all a big lie they said.

Interesting eh?