Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Around the House > Recipes

Recipes Post and rate your favorite Recipes

Old December 22nd, 2016, 06:01 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Cookie disaster!

I made my batch of chocolate chip cookies today and it came out too flat. I could almost see through them!

So I read: lower the temperature and bake longer; use parchment paper; refrigerate; add extra flour. Nothing worked!

I was on my 3rd batch, adding extra flour when the machine caught the flour the right way and POOF! A nice mist of flour all over the counter and a small heap on my keyboard. (That's what I get for googling "cookies spread too thin") in the kitchen.

This batch also was spreading too thin so it became a cookie bar.

And then it dawned on me-- I'm using the recipe on the bag and not the one from my go-to-recipes. The difference was the eggs. Ugh!

I'm not baking anymore, though. The kids said the cookies tasted really good and 3 batches of ugly cookies is enough.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 08:01 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cookie disaster!

Bonanza for the kids!

I haven't made chocolate chip cookies in forever, but the recipe on the chocolate chip bag in my pantry calls for two eggs and they aren't flat when I make them. Yours differs?
Old December 23rd, 2016, 04:58 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cookie disaster!

The one on the bag calls for 2 eggs but I never used that one. , I've always used Betty Crocker's which only uses 1 egg. I never had this problem before, and all of my other cookies came out right except these.

I think it's the extra egg. Hmmm.

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; December 23rd, 2016 at 05:40 AM.