Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > In-laws

Old April 12th, 2017, 11:34 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of
Re: My Son & daughter-in-law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annsdil View Post
I'm sorry to hear this Creme. Yours was what I'm sure many of us old timers would consider a success story in how difficulties between you and your son/DIL were turned around into a lovely relationship.

Keep doing as you're doing, offering support and no judgement. She probably doesn't want you to feel put in the middle of herself and your son. Nor does she want to put you in the position of taking sides. It sounds like they are also trying to handle everything correctly in the interests of their child which is always a good thing. In time I'm sure she'll come to you if you keep your door open for her.
Hi Annsdil....yes, it sure was one heck of a story, as everyone knows here, how difficult I was, not to mention denial. I believe there is something to learn in every single situation, and surely know what mine was....I will sorely miss her.

However, in time, you never know what life brings...and yes, I am so proud of both of them, for doing everything right for my Grand-daughters sake.

Kids do not come with a manual...but I tell you true....putting all else aside, these grown adults are something to be proud of regardless of the situation.

She will always be in my heart, after all, she is part of the reason, my Grand-daughter is so well behaved, caring and strong. She owns her mother's spunk and she is nobody's fool, believe me.

They are helping each other out a lot...right now, and hope it continues always. Maybe to, they will be better friends...which is so rewarding.

Thank you so much for your support and thoughts.
Old April 12th, 2017, 12:51 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

How old is your granddaughter now, Crème?
Old April 13th, 2017, 09:18 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
How old is your granddaughter now, Crème?
She is 13 now, time sure flies, doesn't it?
Old May 25th, 2017, 11:57 AM

yaya is on a distinguished road

She may just be having a hard time dealing with everything right now, and as a result she wants some time and space to come to grips with their new arrangement. Just keep throwing it out there maybe once a month or so and hope she bites on it. Maybe try sending her some flowers? You could attach a card that says "Thinking of you, would love to stay in touch and, when you're ready, maybe we can do lunch. Love Always, MIL" (just a thought)

Also, she's fortunate to have a MIL who cares like you do. I'm sure my MIL would celebrate if her son and I divorced (oh, she'd pretend to feel badly on the outside, of course). I suspect that given some time, you can still have a relationship with your DIL, and it may be even closer now, to be honest.