Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old October 25th, 2017, 11:01 PM

Marthasimmonds54 is on a distinguished road
Smile Birthday cards/presents

Hi everyone. I'm looking for thoughts and advice on birthday cards and presents for my family.

I have so many family members I struggle to keep up with all their birthdays.

What are your ideas on how to send birthday cards to them all and maybe a little present?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Matha
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:24 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Birthday cards/presents

Welcome Matha! (Martha?)

Make (or buy) a calendar. Write all of the birthdays that you want to acknowledge on it. Keep a stock of birthday cards on hand. Check your calendar regularly, and as birthdays approach, write out the card. Mail it on whatever day you need to for it to arrive in time.

If you want to send a present, keep a supply of gift cards or cash on hand. Everyone loves cash, and if you are sending out cards to a huge number of people, no one will expect you to buy that many gifts.

Do all of these family members remember your birthday? Maybe you can stop sending to the extended family members.
Old October 26th, 2017, 01:31 AM

Yes I actually do write their birthdays on my calendar, but sometimes I get too busy with my daily routine I forget to check my calendar and all.

Also, I dont like to send cash becasue it has got stolen before, This time I wanted something different that is also affordable. (Not to mention they're all far from me )

Lastly, I'm thankful though that most of my family members remember my birthday.

I really appreciate your responds Kaykay.
Old October 27th, 2017, 07:26 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you?

Here in the States I've been sending $2 bills

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old October 31st, 2017, 10:49 PM

Thanks Kaykay and Snafu!I'm trying to get all options regarding sending real cards and presents for my family. Anyone can add more? Do you know any other website that has less than $10 price for the gifts/cards though? instead of sending them cash also?
Old October 31st, 2017, 11:32 PM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

I'd Google it. Links to websites are not allowed here.
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old October 31st, 2017, 11:33 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I hope no one comes on and suggests one, because that would be advertising which would be against the forum rules and then I'd have to start banning people.
Old November 1st, 2017, 02:02 AM

oh, not even the name of the website? not the link though...

I tried googling some but they are all similar, I want something that can WOW my family members... something different I guess?
Old November 1st, 2017, 05:27 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasimmonds54 View Post
oh, not even the name of the website?
No, not even the website.

If you want to send gifts less than $10 to everyone in your family, I suggest you get discount movie tickets from your local township. You can also order bulk discounts online from theaters.
Old November 1st, 2017, 02:04 PM

If you have that many people for whom you want to buy gifts, why don't you ask some of them? I'm sure they'd have good ideas and would know what kind of thing they like.