Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Reproduction and Pregnancy

Reproduction and Pregnancy Discuss issues related to Reproduction and Pregnancy

Old November 13th, 2011, 03:33 AM

bingobango will become famous soon enough
older first time pregnancy

Hello all,

anyone out there an older first time Mum? I'm 38 now and haven't had the opportunity to get pregnant before now due to life just not going too well sometimes. Of course, I could have got pregnant at any time but it simply wouldn't have been responsible.

Anyway, it's time to try. Any words of encouragement from other ladies who were in their late 30s or even 40s would be great.
Old November 13th, 2011, 09:12 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: older first time pregnancy

I was early to mid 30's when I had my kids but still have words of encouragement for you. I know lots of people who had kids in their early (and late!) 40's and things turned out great.
Old November 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Talk to your doctor first - I was mid 30's when I had DS... I would have liked another child, but life didn't work out the way I wanted.

I use to work with a woman ("Sue") whose DM was either in her late 40's early 50's when "Sue" was born
Old November 13th, 2011, 12:45 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

My mom was 40 when I was born, and that was a long time ago. Prenatal care is much better now.
Old November 13th, 2011, 03:37 PM

bingobango will become famous soon enough

well these are all good things to know, thank you.

I did see my doc recently who ran some routine blood tests and said everything (including hormone levels) is tickety boo normal but "don't waste any more time" were his words. This is the same doc who asked why I want to do sports because "it's not feminine". Hmm....

I will add my own advice to myself....

don't become a mad crying woman at bf when he turns up late ... doesn't lead to the sort of end to an evening you'd need to get pregnant. Lesson learned.