Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Reproduction and Pregnancy

Reproduction and Pregnancy Discuss issues related to Reproduction and Pregnancy

Old January 18th, 2012, 05:06 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Uterine ablation

Anyone have this done? Wanna share what you know about it?
Old January 18th, 2012, 06:19 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Uterine ablation

One of my good friends had it done. It solved a problem she had been having for months. Initially she put it off, but eventually cried uncle and went ahead with it. She didn't mention any discomfort or anything, just a whole bunch of relief.
Old January 18th, 2012, 10:36 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endometrial_ablation

Here's the wikipedia article for those of us who have no idea what this is.

I've heard of people having some relief from a D&C, but have never heard of the ablation procedure.
Old January 20th, 2012, 07:22 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if it's done in your country, Mrs. X? The more I read, the less I like it (scary procedures, scary complications! ). I have to do the D&C anyway, but the doctor suggested I could benefit from this. I know a few people who had it and were happy with the results, but then they all ended up with hysterectomies anyway when the developed one of the complications.
Old January 20th, 2012, 07:50 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

My friend only had it about a year ago, and hasn't developed any complications yet (there's still time). She has been very happy but maybe it's too soon to put her in the "success" column.
Old January 20th, 2012, 02:27 PM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough

I was looking at KayKays expression CRY UNCLE never heard it before
but looked it up! You learn something every day but not the uterine thingy!!
Settled for a D @C and a hysterectomy followed a few years later!

She cried uncle? | Antimoon Forum
www.antimoon.com/forum/t8756.htm
29 Oct 2007 "Stand down man, she cried uncle" what does she cried uncle mean? and why that ... Cry uncle = to admit defeat, to surrender, to give up ...
Old January 20th, 2012, 03:26 PM

I love reading expressions I'm unfamiliar with when you or Mrs X or some of the other posters post them. It's neat to learn how other cultures (even very similar ones) express themselves.
Old January 21st, 2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
She has been very happy but maybe it's too soon to put her in the "success" column.
I hope she is in the success column! I'm just not sure that I'd be in that column. I guess I have to wait for the consult.

Lizzie, I love learning new expressions, too! Some of them crack me up. I like referring to my counter tops as bench tops.
Old January 21st, 2012, 12:09 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Lucy! - And sorry about the unintentionally cryptic expressions.