Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Reproduction and Pregnancy

Reproduction and Pregnancy Discuss issues related to Reproduction and Pregnancy

Old July 8th, 2008, 12:08 PM

nonnymouse will become famous soon enough
Re: Ppd

Nice to read your post, MommyT. I feel for you with the trial with meds thing. Time and sleep and just taking it all one moment at a time were the only reliable things for me. It's hard.

((((Sending tons of moral support and positive energy your way)))

I'm glad the discipline technique is working-does it have a name?
Old July 10th, 2008, 07:28 AM

grubby will become famous soon enough

You definitely have my support. I am glad that things are smoothing out with your kidlet and I hope things speed up about the PPD, as I definitely can relate.

Keep us posted and let us know if there is anything else we can do.

I was a much better parent... before I had kids!
Old July 10th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Grace is on a distinguished road

Hi MommyT

Nice to hear from you. We've all been wondering how you're doing. Sorry to hear you've not found meds that help as yet. Are you seeing a counsellor or regularly seeing your doctor? I hope you have someone to talk to. We're here any time you need us.

Glad to hear you are staying positive though - that is a great thing. Also that Madison is doing well and you're managing to tame your 3 year old! (I'm sure you will have lots of Moms PMing you to ask HOW!)

Take care of you as well as your little ones. Hope you're able to drop in occassionally, if only a one-liner to say hi and let us know you're doing OK.

(((big hugs)))
Old October 6th, 2008, 10:18 PM

mommyT is on a distinguished road

Hi Friends!

I haven't been here in a very long time. Just thought I'd pop in and let ya know that I am doing okay. I hope you all remember me

Madison is now 9 months old. I still can't believe it. It seems like I was just typing to let you all know that I had her.

Caiden turned 9 last month, and Gavin is turning 4 this month.

Anyways.... I am feeling much better. I have my down days still, but I am learning to just cope with it. Things are much brighter than they were before, thats for sure.

The thing is though, the medication did absolutely nothing for me. I don't know. I guess it could have, if it was the right ones, but the doctor kept giving me 4 week samples, and when it was time to go to the pharmacist to fill, my insurance wouldn't cover, so I'd have to try a whole new medication..., I didn't understand why she didn't check with my Insurance first???? this happened 3 times. The other 2, the medication was not working, in one case, it actually made me more on edge.

So, I took myself off. I know, it was a risky thing to do, but I had to. I was up till 3am everynight. I was delerious every day, since I had to wake up with the baby at 6:30 and my then get my son ready for school at 7:30, then the day would start, with homework, both sons Soccer practice....yada yada yada.... i couldn't handle it all with only 3 hours of sleep. Especially since it was all me, my husband can't help out on weekdays.

Anyways...just wanted to let you know that I am sorry I haven't been keeping in touch. It looks like theres a lot of newer people!! thats great! Can't wait to catch up and get to know people and contribute to converstations again!

I hope everyone is doing great!! Everything is pretty good here, except I still have MIL probs... but that is for another thread!!
Old October 6th, 2008, 11:11 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

REALLY, REALLY glad to hear from you mommyT!! Of COURSE we remember you!! I can't believe Madison is 9 months old either! Where did the time go?

Glad to hear you're doing better - I know it's been a tough ride. Looking forward to seeing you around more!
Old October 6th, 2008, 11:15 PM

nonnymouse will become famous soon enough

Great to see you again, MommyT!!! I understand about the delirious and sleep deprivation comb. It is beyond difficult. (((Big Hugs)))

I am glad you are getting to a better point health wise. Nine months was a turning point for me after my first and third pregnancys. I think that is the point at which my hormones/body settled into a new kind of normal.

I am so glad to see you back! Good for you for trying the meds even though doc. dropped the ball/they didn't do much. That you were trying things and just even on the list of people you take care of is commendable. PPD is so hard... My DH had to make me a sign:

Remember to eat
Take a warm shower
Call someone...

It didn't help much but seeing it on the wall was a reminder that that there were really basic things I could focus on..small comforts...bits of normal. It is awesome getting to the point where I felt more 'like myself' again.

I am glad it sounds like you are getting there.

Welcome back!!!
Old October 7th, 2008, 07:59 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to "see" you back. Have you tried a massage? I really don't know if it'd help, but it might relax you.