Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old June 24th, 2018, 05:23 PM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of
Cold shoulder - wide or skinny - what the &$%* is going on with clothes?

Just a rant...

I once loved those cold shoulder tops...seems like four - five years ago now? ENOUGH! SHOULDERS ARE NOW FROZEN ok? no more please.

Tee shirts that read beach hair don't care...got that right. Don't care if you are bridey, bridey maid, hate Mondays...etc. Mine might say; I don't care! They too, have been done to death. I see NO ONE buying/wearing.

It just seems over done. I think they are cute on little kids: within reason. No wine shirts for the kiddos please. just looks bad. (Get them the WINO SAUR one instead. Has a cute dinosaur holding two glasses of red. Sooo cute!!)

Gots me some great skinny jeans...just in time for the WIDE LEG! ug

Don't care for the overly floral stuff. I am more the tiny flowers on a dark background--which is considered vintage. I just cannot wear something that looks like the print of one of my comforter/draperies/and every else in the room kind of material. I don't look in good in cabbage roses - but my euro shams are killer in them!

I have been hitting poshmark with a vengeance. OMG. I love the stuff. Have my hopes set on tie dye cardigans...they are beautiful - just a size larger :* ( Even looked at a chanel tweed WHAT THE WHAT? $1200 FOR A USED JACKET? Hmmmm… it is really really cute.

I try for New with Tags pieces: ann taylor/Loft, some j crew, etc. Give the seller lots of questions...are there rips? hems undone? button(s) missing? holes? a small nest of spiders? before I actually make the purchase.

brand new...just a season or two back. I love saving me some money!

Recently, I have come out of stores depressed at what they are passing off as fashion. To me it's junk. Not even half way decent junk. Crud. Poopey.

Recently cut up my macy's card. couldn't find a cotton anything. Gosh I miss nice fitted clothes that are made from actual materials that dont read like my apartment pet carpet...

WHAT HAS HAPPENED AND WILL IT EVER GET BETTER?

...land of the free. kind of...maybe...not so much.

Last edited by JemStar; June 24th, 2018 at 05:26 PM.
Old July 7th, 2018, 05:36 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cold shoulder - wide or skinny - what the &$%* is going on with clothes?

I feel you, Jem! I am having a hard time finding nice clothes. Everything is made so cheaply!
Old July 11th, 2018, 10:08 AM

rattlesnake is on a distinguished road

I guess I'm behind the times! I just got three "cold shoulders" shirts. My H informed he does not like them and prefers a regular tank top. I want to force him to like them since I bought them, ha ha.

I wish skinny jeans would go away and stay away. I don't mind some that are fairly fitted all the way to the ankles but the things in stores are made for skeleton sized legs, or they stretch over legs that are a bit bigger and then just plain don't look good.

I am a size 4/5 but normal misses' size 4 are often too big. Junior sizes are sometimes okay but...I am 59 and don't want to dress like a teen but also don't want to dress like an old lady (even though I am one, lol).
Old July 13th, 2018, 07:32 PM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

I love my tanks.

I guess I just live in the past: ALOT! I mourn or the pieces I "lost" along the way. Just a couple of pieces. some awesome danang army green embroidered cargos. WHY DID I GIVE THEM AWAY???

stuff like that. stuart Weitzman booties. OMG. what was I thinking?

Anyway. I finally ventured out to just take a look. I had a bad feeling at Nordstrom rack - so I stay away from those places. **claustrophobia

on a whim, I visited a dress barn near my marshalls. I just looked. grabbed a couple pieces and was really happy with the fit: slim, close to the body. A sweater, cardigan with gold lurexy, embroidered jeans, and an adorable white open weave 100% cotton long sleeve tunic with a hood: swimsuit cover!!!

LOVED IT. And!! The sizes of course are faux. I am NOT an 8. I am a def 10. but these pieces were 8!!! A def plus. the jeans were $19. Sweater and cardi ON SALE!! nice.

Then I mosey over to marshalls NOT LOOKING for anything particular and find a cute hot pink Tee with elbow sleeves, white skinny crop distressed jeans, and my first pair of "help your booty back up" jeans. I usually just go to score some new organic munchies or bedding. I like this stuff.

Now, I need a place to wear them!! lol

Old July 13th, 2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake View Post
I guess I'm behind the times! I just got three "cold shoulders" shirts. My H informed he does not like them and prefers a regular tank top. I want to force him to like them since I bought them, ha ha.

I wish skinny jeans would go away and stay away. I don't mind some that are fairly fitted all the way to the ankles but the things in stores are made for skeleton sized legs, or they stretch over legs that are a bit bigger and then just plain don't look good.

I am a size 4/5 but normal misses' size 4 are often too big. Junior sizes are sometimes okay but...I am 59 and don't want to dress like a teen but also don't want to dress like an old lady (even though I am one, lol).
I love my tanks.

I guess I just live in the past: ALOT! I mourn the pieces I "lost" along the way. Just a couple of pieces. some awesome danang army green embroidered cargos. WHY DID I GIVE THEM AWAY???

Anyway. I finally ventured out to just take a look. I had a bad feeling at Nordstrom rack - so I stay away from those places. **claustrophobia

on a whim, I visited a dress barn near my marshalls. I just looked. grabbed a couple pieces and was really happy with the fit: slim, close to the body. A sweater, cardigan with gold lurexy, embroidered jeans, and an adorable white open weave 100% cotton long sleeve tunic with a hood: swimsuit cover!!!

LOVED IT. And!! The sizes of course are faux. I am NOT an 8. I am a def 10. but these pieces were 8!!! A def plus. the jeans were $19. Sweater and cardi ON SALE!! nice.

Then I mosey over to marshalls NOT LOOKING for anything particular and find a cute hot pink Tee with elbow sleeves, white skinny crop distressed jeans, and my first pair of "help your booty back up" jeans. I usually just go to score some new organic munchies or bedding. I like this stuff.

Now, I need a place to wear them!! lol

Old July 13th, 2018, 10:23 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemStar View Post
WHY DID I GIVE THEM AWAY???

*bursts into tears at the thought*

Oh Jem, I'm so sorry for your loss!