Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old December 31st, 2016, 06:41 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need some advice on not repeating mistake

What a great discovery for you! No more worries about her; you can leave her in 2016 and have a very happy New Year!
Old December 31st, 2016, 12:55 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandarlust View Post
Just thought I'd give all of you who have been so kind as to comment and suggest ways to handle my situation a little update.

Yesterday evening, I was coming up the stairs to my floor. Neighbor lives on the next floor. Our individual units are enclosed; you need a key to get on each floor and then to get into your apartment of course. Well, while coming up the stairs to my floor, I heard the door on the next level open and close but no one came down. I knew immediately. I continued up the stairs, entered my floor and into my apartment. I then looked thru the peep hole. Sure 'nough, there comes the neighbor down the stairs.

She waited so she wouldn't have to see me. She's done this in the past when we've had blow outs. So I can only conclude that she has a big "bark" but scurries off like a little mouse once confronted. Geez!

Have a happy and healthy 2017 everyone!
Thats perfect,lets hope she keeps it that way!!....Happy New Year 2017!!!.
Old December 31st, 2016, 01:04 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandarlust View Post
I have one other question for those reading this post. Given her temper and disposition, should this be reported to the rental office? I do not say this with the thought in mind that they could do anything about it or reprimand her or something like that. She didn't threaten me or anyone else with harm. I also don't really have a desire to get her in trouble. But it concerns me that these problems could escalate in the future. Not with me personally, but that she is on a path to worse and potentially harmful behavior if she doesn't get help with her temper.

Maybe that sounds far reaching to some of you, but in many cases where some one exhibits violent behavior you ultimately find out that they had anger problems, troubles with neighbors, co-workers, etc.

So I really wish there was some way to formally have a record of her angry outbursts and odd behavior, not just my word and a couple of angry emails. Any thoughts or suggestions?
If she does threaten or abuse you or start being pain I would be reporting her to the rental office. Where I live and own its in a highly populated govt housing area,where the tenants are answerable to the authorities. If I have a problem with say annoying people parking on my property or tenants that drop heaps of rubbish outside my house, which has happened in the recent past and I know where its coming from,I let the authorities know anonymously and they get a letter and a verbal warning in person from the area manager in person in that area. They have to comply otherwise they can get evicted if they dont follow basic rules,and keep annoying the neighbours. So actually having to answer to a landlord,rental agency or govt agency is a good thing and you can tell them anonymously. In my opinion I pay my mortgage and land rates and I dont have to put up with feral neighbours who dont know how to be considerate of others,I have a right to live in peace and not have some idiot coming into my space annoying me, sadly some people have no idea how to conduct themselves nor do they care to think about what they do before they do it....nor do they care about it if what they do annoys others. On the other hand we have neighbours living in govt housing behind us that we share driveway access with and they are perfect.There is never any trouble and we say the occasional hi when we pass each other and just carry on with our lives, my hubby went and shook hands with the guy there and they exchanged Happy New year greetings last night.

Last edited by Catwoman; December 31st, 2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old December 31st, 2016, 06:19 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad things are better for you

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old January 1st, 2017, 06:22 AM

Wandarlust is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
I'm glad things are better for you
Thank you Snafu and everyone. Hopefully they will continue into 2017.