Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old January 2nd, 2017, 03:32 PM
Eyeofthetigerfire Eyeofthetigerfire is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 11
Eyeofthetigerfire is on a distinguished road
Re: "Friend" stole my man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman View Post
This may sound harsh but I always say. Karma always comes full circle. He actually wasnt yours to start with. Im not sure how you can think someone is very close to you after only one week?.

Yes you got hurt over this, but really it was the universe paying you back for cheating on someone you shouldnt have. I feel sorry for your boyfriend, Id say you need to end it with him and at least give him a chance to be with someone who is true. If you want to sleep around, be prepared for this type of thing to happen.Casual hookup relationships are all about no strings you know. I hope you people are practising safe sex in all of this.
Wow, another "karma" post. I should've expected as much.

Sometimes you just connect to someone and that's what happened with me and him. It was very natural and real and we went from strangers to close friends in the span of a week. We know all of each other' s secrets. It was the same with my friend, we became close after a week as well.

I never wanted to sleep around and I want no more casual hookups. We've decided to move in together. Me and my friend were not safe besides my birth control, I don't know about him and my friend.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 2nd, 2017, 03:40 PM
Eyeofthetigerfire Eyeofthetigerfire is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 11
Eyeofthetigerfire is on a distinguished road
Re: "Friend" stole my man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annsdil View Post
Karma is cause and effect. You caused betrayal of your boyfriend and now you see the effect.
Well Karma really IS a ***** then if intentions mean nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 2nd, 2017, 03:56 PM
Catwoman Catwoman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NZ
Posts: 781
Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Friend" stole my man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeofthetigerfire View Post
Wow, another "karma" post. I should've expected as much.

Sometimes you just connect to someone and that's what happened with me and him. It was very natural and real and we went from strangers to close friends in the span of a week. We know all of each other' s secrets. It was the same with my friend, we became close after a week as well.

I never wanted to sleep around and I want no more casual hookups. We've decided to move in together. Me and my friend were not safe besides my birth control, I don't know about him and my friend.
You had a lust connection in the space of a week. Thats the key factor here.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old January 2nd, 2017, 04:04 PM
Catwoman Catwoman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NZ
Posts: 781
Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Friend" stole my man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeofthetigerfire View Post
I'd like to think that my boyfriend would understand. I picked the guy up after he blew me off for the millionth time knowing I was lonely and... sexually in need.

I think it's pretty mean and careless to say this is my karma. Me hooking up this guy was intended only as a means of helping me cope with missing my boyfriend. Of course we ended up being friends and I ended up feeling close to him which wasn't intended but my intentions were pure.

Him and my friend shacking up was NOT done with pure or desperate intentions. They didn't need to betray me, they just plain and simply wanted to. He could've had any girl and she could've had any guy if they were horny but to choose each other in secret while they knew I was away? Unjustifiable.

You would be better to learn to make more mature choices as an adult, then you will not attract bad to yourself. Karma is very true in the way that what you put out into the universe does come back to you. If you make the right choices in life, you will reap the rewards of a successful life.The right thing to do would have been to speak to your boyfriend and let him know your concerns so that you could work on things together,that's what people do in successful long term relationships. Not go off with someone else for a hookup.But if you choose to make silly decisions on whim thinking that you know someone after only a week, you are mistaken and you have a lot of growing up to do. Truely the faster you work this stuff out,you will save yourself a lot of time and you will have a more successful and fulfilling life.Dont waste your life doing stuff you know you shouldn't do in the first place......yes it sounds like we are being tough on you, but seriously do you want to waste your life doing stupid things with stupid people, that will come back to haunt you later?.....make sure you attract some better, grown up positive people in your life,that will be far better for you for a start......would be interesting what your boyfriend actually says about being cheated on?.You do know that sleeping with another person just once for 5 mins still means you cheated?,and he does deserve to know at least,even if it is only for health reasons.....I cant see your boyfriend being too happy about it otherwise you would have told him what you were going to do before you did it and he would have said ok?.

Last edited by Catwoman; January 2nd, 2017 at 04:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old January 2nd, 2017, 04:11 PM
KayKay's Avatar
KayKay KayKay is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,176
KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Friend" stole my man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeofthetigerfire View Post
I don't plan on ever telling my boyfriend about this. He knows about the guy as my friend but he didn't know about the hooking up. I don't see a point in telling him, it happened while we were hours apart after he blew me off. Now, we've decided to move in together. It's unimportant and regretted.
Even if he wouldn't want to know, just imo you ought to tell him. First of all, there's the possibility of STD's (because the hookup guy doesn't sound like a rookie at that) and secod of all, if you want to start building a relationship with him, honesty is the best foundation. He will eventually find out because the truth always comes out. If it were me, I'd rather know up front than find out that the relationship was built on a lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeofthetigerfire View Post
I guess I expected rights to him because I'm the one who found him, if that makes sense. I'm pretty territorial but I thought it was just common knowledge for my friend to see him as mine and off-limits. I guess that's just me.
I guess I can see where you're coming from, but I can also see where your friend was coming from. You didn't have a commitment to this guy. You were clear that it was just sexual. If they are a couple now, they developed feelings for each other. She would see it as the potential relationship that they would have trumping your need for sex (especially since you were back with your boyfriend).
__________________
Expecto Patronum!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old January 2nd, 2017, 04:24 PM
Annsdil's Avatar
Annsdil Annsdil is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,154
Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Friend" stole my man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeofthetigerfire View Post
Well Karma really IS a ***** then if intentions mean nothing.
Intentions are really great and all. But it's actions that actually count.
__________________
******************
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
*******************
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old January 2nd, 2017, 04:26 PM
Catwoman Catwoman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NZ
Posts: 781
Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: "Friend" stole my man.

We can be really wanting win the prize, but is the prize really worth it??...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old January 2nd, 2017, 04:43 PM
Eyeofthetigerfire Eyeofthetigerfire is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 11
Eyeofthetigerfire is on a distinguished road
Re: "Friend" stole my man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman View Post
You would be better to learn to make more mature choices as an adult, then you will not attract bad to yourself. Karma is very true in the way that what you put out into the universe does come back to you. If you make the right choices in life, you will reap the rewards of a successful life.The right thing to do would have been to speak to your boyfriend and let him know your concerns so that you could work on things together,that's what people do in successful long term relationships. Not go off with someone else for a hookup.But if you choose to make silly decisions on whim thinking that you know someone after only a week, you are mistaken and you have a lot of growing up to do. Truely the faster you work this stuff out,you will save yourself a lot of time and you will have a more successful and fulfilling life.Dont waste your life doing stuff you know you shouldn't do in the first place......yes it sounds like we are being tough on you, but seriously do you want to waste your life doing stupid things with stupid people, that will come back to haunt you later?.....make sure you attract some better, grown up positive people in your life,that will be far better for you for a start......would be interesting what your boyfriend actually says about being cheated on?.You do know that sleeping with another person just once for 5 mins still means you cheated?,and he does deserve to know at least,even if it is only for health reasons.....I cant see your boyfriend being too happy about it otherwise you would have told him what you were going to do before you did it and he would have said ok?.
You're right, what I did was immature. I didn't mean to hurt him but it was silly and immature. Well, I've already cut those "friends" out and decided to move in with my boyfriend so I'll see how much better I become from here. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old January 2nd, 2017, 04:44 PM
Eyeofthetigerfire Eyeofthetigerfire is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 11
Eyeofthetigerfire is on a distinguished road
Re: "Friend" stole my man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman View Post
We can be really wanting win the prize, but is the prize really worth it??...
Are you saying you think my friend was trying to win him? You may be right! Well joke's on her because now she's stuck with an immature pos and I'm moved in with a real man. 😌
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old January 2nd, 2017, 04:46 PM
Eyeofthetigerfire Eyeofthetigerfire is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 11
Eyeofthetigerfire is on a distinguished road
Re: "Friend" stole my man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Even if he wouldn't want to know, just imo you ought to tell him. First of all, there's the possibility of STD's (because the hookup guy doesn't sound like a rookie at that) and secod of all, if you want to start building a relationship with him, honesty is the best foundation. He will eventually find out because the truth always comes out. If it were me, I'd rather know up front than find out that the relationship was built on a lie.



I guess I can see where you're coming from, but I can also see where your friend was coming from. You didn't have a commitment to this guy. You were clear that it was just sexual. If they are a couple now, they developed feelings for each other. She would see it as the potential relationship that they would have trumping your need for sex (especially since you were back with your boyfriend).
I'll tell him eventually, right now I just don't find it important to. Yeah I guess when you say it that way, what she did doesn't seem too bad but it still hurts. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007, The BlueSparks Network