Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old July 19th, 2011, 05:44 PM

GrandmaJ is on a distinguished road
Re: What is Grandma to do?

Thanks to everyone for your very useful ideas. My daughter will be visiting at her inlaws next week just herself and the kids..(Not sure why she can't stay with me when her husband will not be there??) But anyway, I am on holidays and will be at our vacation property which is near the inlaws. I have let my daughter know of my plans that I will be around all week and hopefully she finds some time for her and the kids to spend with me. I am not getting my hopes up too high, since I don't want the disappointment which hurts so very much....but I am cautiously optimistic that we might spend some quality time together.
Old July 19th, 2011, 05:55 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

We're all pulling for you. Just remember to keep your hurt hidden and your emotions in check. If you sound like you're having a blast and it's her loss if she can't manage to join you, then watch - she'll probably be right over! Here's hopin'.
Old July 20th, 2011, 03:49 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you get a nice visit and truly enjoy your holiday.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:28 PM

GrandmaJ is on a distinguished road

Thanks to everyone for your great suggestions, I hope to use some of them and try to rebuild a good relationship with my daughter and her family.