Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Step-families

Old December 14th, 2013, 08:34 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lazy, irresponsible stepfather.

marshall, I'm so sorry. I don't blame you one bit for being upset. This is one of those trials, unfortunately, that the only way to get to the other side is to go through it.

I'm glad your wife is supportive.
Old December 16th, 2013, 07:27 AM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

You sound pretty level headed! This is good.

You can see the situation as it is, you do what you can and go.

The lack of respect is painful...they are ALL pretty messed up. Do your brothers have some problem dealing with all this? Have you talked to them about you being the only one handling things? It might help just to hear what they say, maybe? It might be "I can't take it. I shake and cry and drink" or something like that. Or, "I just haven't had the time...I am dealing with_______" Maybe?

Keep the good memories...say goodbye to the bad. That's all you can do. At least you aren't denying the whole mess and I think that's pretty great.

Hope you don't have much more to go thru with them. When you are done, you deserve to do something nice for yourself.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 08:03 PM

marshall is on a distinguished road

hi all

thanks for the kind words. MY brothers are useless in the whole situation. The one is so consumed with himself that he has flat out told me he doesn't care. Bad part with him is he live 10 minutes away (I am 3 hours) and in the year and a half since my mom died, he's been there twice. Me on the other hand spent many weekend driving down and dealing with it (I am the oldest). The other one, well, he's a whole different story. He lives in a half way house to maintain his sobreity. He was a raging alcoholic and his last drink was the day she died, we had to check him into the hospital the same day.

Basically, it has come down to getting the last of i out of there and listening to the other two ***** because I took something they wanted that they think about after the fact. I am pretty close to being done with all of them. It sucks because we used to have a big family, but it has all gone it's separate ways. My wifes family is kind of the same way. We still have my dad and he mom, but that's about it.

One of these days, the house will be condemned or taken over by the county. Maybe then, I can go back after it for far less than it would cost me otherwise, bulldoze it, and start over.
Old December 24th, 2013, 05:03 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Basically, it has come down to getting the last of i out of there and listening to the other two ***** because I took something they wanted that they think about after the fact.
Let them whine. If they threaten you they won't follow through. One's to lazy and the other is clueless.

Sorry about your dilemma.