Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Step-families

Old February 7th, 2014, 12:32 PM

mommystep is on a distinguished road
Re: Question about fairness among children

in the same boat....... his family treats my kid different..... had enough, said next xmas we are doing this different- he can have xmas with his family and kids and I will have xmas with my family and child. I had to explain to my family to be equal to all kids/ his family didn't listen. plus my family is much smaller, my child only has my side. his kids have his side/ their moms side/ step dad's side etc.
tough situation.
Old February 7th, 2014, 06:42 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

How does your husband react to that?
Old February 10th, 2014, 06:26 AM

mommystep is on a distinguished road

we both don't like it....... I was put in a position that I had to explain to my family and they listened- his family didn't. we can control what goes in our house and its hard to control family members. we are trying to be equal- we don't want kids to feel different, its not fair for one child to open all the gifts and just watch. maybe after doing things this way something will click in their heads and say hey it our fault! like they say it takes 7 years to blend a family- we love each other we just have to find a way that will work for us. kids will always have a xmas with us, as in our house we open gifts together..... it was always that we went for dinner to his family to open gifts with them.