Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > General Health

General Health Discuss issues related to General Health

Old July 13th, 2008, 06:10 AM
maura

How do you know when

You have had your limit to stress? I have noticed large gaps in my memory just recently. Lots-Loads-TONS-- of stress this month. Is it October yet?
Have a really bad case of CRS ( cannot remember stuff ). And I have not been taking my supplements, my fish oils,etc. And I am cheating on my diet.
I have been taking alot of stress tabs that are homeopathic. Gosh they put me in a happy state. And you can take as many as you want with no side effects at all. Maybe. I wonder...great. The tabs I am taking for stress that leave me sitting around gazing at the air is probably giving me the forgetfuls. I wonder if it is necessary to let your mind go totally blank for awhile in order for the stress not to do damage? Seretonin levels or something?
I hope when I am no longer under this stress, I can find my new shoes.
thank you for letting me unload all this.
Old July 13th, 2008, 06:20 AM

1dilwhosreal will become famous soon enough
Re: How do you know when

(((((hugs)))))))
Old July 13th, 2008, 09:04 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Wow maura!

Maybe the answer is that you've had your limit of stress when you start wondering how you can tell when you've reached your limit.

Two questions:
1) Have you seen a doctor? I take thyroid hormone, and I notice that when my levels are too low I have CRS syndrome, and get overwhelmed by things that shouldn't overwhelm me.

2) Have you tried meditation?
Old July 13th, 2008, 12:55 PM
maura

Thank you for the hugs 1dil - I needed them! And your concern Kaykay. I just had blood work done last week after I had seen the dr for a severe upper gastrointestinal thing. We're looking in to it. But usually I am Mizz Health Thang. Organic food, salads, veggies. Seaweed. Water water water. How could I be sick??
I have three puppies that became very very ill around the July 1st and have needed ER hospital visits, since they seem to take a turn for the worse on weekends ONLY, and require constant round the clock care. The yorkie was hospitalized due to needing IV's for two nights!!! (Pancreatitis). It's usually 4 -5 nights, but he bounced back quickly!
The other two seemed to follow him, but since I was already treating one, I quickly began on the other two. The poodle, however, decided to become very ill yesterday and I was up again last night with her. She is my daughter's dog (and best friend), that I am caring for while she gets a divorce and finishes some college work very far from family.
Oh how I wish the little buggers-these dogs-could speak!! They needed to be let outside every three to four hours and when they were in their cages it was crying and whimpering all night long and all day, with 'inspections of matter' done by me in the rain or dark of night. I need rest. My neck is killing me. But enough about me, already.
The house smells. I need to clean. Even my car smells like sick dogs. And I can't remember a thing !!! Did I give them the nasty smelling brown stuff already? The blue pills? Would it matter if I just mixed all five meds in one cocktail and shot it down their throats in one swoop? Why won't the poodle eat anything? Or drink. I even boiled the burger and rice and she turned her nose up at it. So I made a big boiled burger, rice, corn and brown gravy with onions stew for husband. I couldn't waste all that food!!! It was pretty good. I am so proud of that, for that's the first lucid moment I have had in days!!!

If I meditated there would be no coming back
. I would stay on my mountain top, in the cool breeze and not return to earth. I know me. But it does sound nice.

Then I had to call my daughter to let her know puppy isn't doing too well and she is all loopy on me. She is still recovering from a severe case of undiagnosed mono (they found the titers or some kind of mono blood count after the fact?) along with her hashimoto's being out of whack with the synthroid and saw her soon to be ex (separated in April, 2008) making out with some woman at the bar she and coworkers walked into after work for a co-workers b-day celebration drink. She was so upset upon seeing him groping this woman I don't believe she heard me about the dog.

Today is a better day. Still haven't found those darn shoes, but the dogs are doing much better. Yorkie is 98% better. Bichon eating well. Poodle is as best as can be with all the meds. I am not cleaning up fluids today - YES!!! So, the $1700 was well spent at the ER and Vets. [It is three dogs] But how did all three get sick at once? Food? Outside? poison somewhere? Dead bunny? ew. later.

Husband was good at food shopping, laundry, basic house cleaning but he needed sleep to be sure to get up and go to work to pay the vet bills. He's been really good about frozen dinners.
So that's been it. I am a bit upset with some of the vets. The poodle was seen twice at the ER. But of course they don't know she is going to develop a new symptom. It was just a rough one -- but they are all doing so much better. i got the Poodle to eat a teaspoon of cottage cheese (organic) and a little soft boiled egg and she perked up a little. She still has some Sub Q fluids on her back that are soaking in so I don't need to worry about water. I took her for a walk and she is feeling better which means I CAN GET SOME SLEEP. if I can remember what that is. I don't recall my kids being so much work. But I was younger then. And not so knowledgeable of how bad things can turn in the middle of the night!! I have had some friends tell me of mysterious dog illness where they find the dogs in a pool of blood in their cages dead. Yikes. That is not acceptable. So add to the mix, I am on double time with worry. Especially daughter's poodle.
The worst is over. I need to clean tomorrow and hopefully I will find those new shoes ! Thanks everyone.

Thank you so much !!! Just getting it out helps alot. {{{{HUGS}}}}
Old July 13th, 2008, 10:09 PM

nonnymouse will become famous soon enough

Glad to hear its getting better, Maura. Lack of sleep really does me in. Glad too that the doggies are pulling through.

Sending you hopes for rest and stress free days ahead. I think your shoes will turn up soon.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:44 PM

JemStar is a splendid one to beholdJemStar is a splendid one to behold

This is an old one but I liked the story about the sick dogs...I can relate.

Did maura ever find those shoes?
Old May 9th, 2017, 01:21 AM

holyc1 is on a distinguished road

I trust my doctor's advice.
Old May 9th, 2017, 04:31 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemStar View Post
This is an old one but I liked the story about the sick dogs...I can relate.

Did maura ever find those shoes?
I wonder? Did she?
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old May 24th, 2017, 04:14 PM

JemStar is a splendid one to beholdJemStar is a splendid one to behold

Hope so. She should check to see if mebbe her husband has them.

Sometimes guys like that sort of thing.