Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Other

Other A place to discuss any other family member or have general family discussions

Old May 16th, 2017, 03:02 AM

Angewaa007 is on a distinguished road
Baby walker

Hi guys

I am wondering if anyone has any advice about using a baby walker. Our little one loves to get about moving, and I think would really enjoy one of those walker things with the wheels, but I'm worried as I have heard they can be unsafe.

Our house has some steps, but he could be contained to an area that is safe.

What is your thoughts?

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; May 16th, 2017 at 03:47 AM. Reason: remove link
Old May 16th, 2017, 03:46 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Baby walker

I think it's a matter of informed choice for your family.

I had baby walkers and my kids loved them. I followed directions, recommended time in the seats, flat floor with no chance of falling on steps, nothing in the area for the child to pull down...

However, I'm an old mom and my choices were limited with my first child. You have other options available: baby play centers without wheels and large play areas so baby can motor around and pull himself up to "cruise" along the wall.
Old May 17th, 2017, 08:43 AM

Thank you for your response.

I am certain my LO would love it, so I think I will go for it. I think you're right, as long as you take all the precautions and don't make the walker some kind of substitute for parenting and stay with your child at all times, and only for short periods, then I think it would be a great play toy.

So many parents want to be able to distract their children, but quality time bonding is so important.

I'll start the search for one.

Thank you for the confidence boost.
Old May 17th, 2017, 09:02 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 29th, 2017, 01:55 AM

I just wanted to let you know I found some great second hand walkers online, not sure if it's helpful for anyone.[snip]

I did get one, and our little man loves it! I want to include a picture but it won't let me. Can admin please let me add picture?

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; May 29th, 2017 at 04:15 AM.
Old May 29th, 2017, 02:34 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll find the linK will be removed by admin as it's against forum rules. Glad you managed to get one you like though! ☺
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old May 29th, 2017, 04:17 AM

We don't allow links to sales sites; I'm sorry.

I'm glad you found one you liked, but be careful in buying some things second-hand for your child. You have to be extra vigilant in making sure they are not on a recall list or haven't been involved in an accident for things like child seats and bike helmets.