Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Spouses & Significant Others

Old July 9th, 2013, 06:30 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: romance

after reading your orginal "silly behavior" post I realized I was doing the same things you just said your wife does - poor DH, I need to show more appreiaction

( aaaaaggg - I can't spell)
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:05 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy to see you say that. Men are big kids - some are just too proud to admit it. I used to think I had to act a certain way to fully be a man. Screw that - I am who I am. I'm responsible, I do what I should do, I do what I can do, I'm not too proud to ask for help if I can't do something. I realize my failures and know I'm fallible. I'm human and I'm going to hurt someone's feelings - although I try not to. And my feelings are going to be hurt. I'm acquainted with rejection from the one I love most - but she's human too.

The thing I've seen most in people who have been married for many, many years is the build up or accumulation of hurtful things that one spouse has done to the other. We remember things - unfortunately it seems to be more on the negative side of the things we remember that hurt us. That eventually will build from frustration and then resentment. Resentment is not good in any marraige. A man will eventually seek affirmation somewhere else - maybe not in an affair, maybe he'll expend his energy towards his job, or some other activity or thing.

One of the most difficult things I have had to face concerning myself is admiting I was wrong or I did a loved one wrong - then asking to be forgiven for it. That's why I say - screw pride. Pride can be a killer, a severe weakness and you won't even know it until it's too late. Sometimes it sucks being human. We have a lot of rotten qualities that seep out and can fill our life with a murky quagmire that seems almost impossible to escape from or be free of. There's plenty of ugly, broken relationships and broken families that pop up on this forum - it's sad. If people could only respect another persons life and support them with love and kindness. Be there for them with the chips are down, give them a smile instead of a frown, a hug instead of a slap, a kind word instead of a retort... Life sure would be simpler... and happier.

At any rate...

Men are just bigger kids and we need hugs too.
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:56 PM

Steven George is on a distinguished road

Me and my wife love to have a dinner on kindles. It really charges us.
Old July 10th, 2013, 09:25 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Dinner on Kindles?
Old July 11th, 2013, 12:48 AM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough

I loved reading all of this!

Knot you are so lovely.....i'm winking at you from Ireland! Must be the heatwave we are enduring going to my head!
Old July 11th, 2013, 05:19 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Dinner on Kindles?
Maybe it's a typo??? There's a restaurant named Kindle... Dinner at Kindles maybe???

I don't know...

My wife and I have lunch every Saturday at Taco Bell. We get our order then park under a row of trees in the parking lot next to Taco Bell - there's always a shady space. Roll the windows down, eat and chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
I loved reading all of this!

Knot you are so lovely.....i'm winking at you from Ireland! Must be the heatwave we are enduring going to my head!
You're gonna make me blush...

Thank you for the compliment.