Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Spouses & Significant Others

Old January 18th, 2014, 07:21 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Things that drive you crazy about your SO

When DH and I got married, he moved into the house about 6 months before the wedding. We had gotten many gifts and things were inboxes and set up.

I thought DH had thrown the boxes away. A year later, to my horror, I found every stinking box, plastic bag, and packing peanut in the attic. DH said he was saving them "in case we had to return something."

I cleaned the attic out myself when he was working.

That was over 20 years ago. We're cleaning out the basement and he saw me leaving with an empty box for the recycling bin. He said, "Wait, that's the box for ___." Yeah, it is, but that thing was out together over 5 years ago. It would never fit back in the box and we certainly aren't returning it.
Old January 18th, 2014, 07:48 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Things that drive you crazy about your SO

I used to be like your DH. There was always "what if" and "the second I throw it away I'm going to need it" (which was usually the case). I'm getting better.

*disclaimer - DH and I moved 10 times in the first 10 years of our marriage. I really did use those boxes, plastic, and packing peanuts at first.
Old January 18th, 2014, 08:48 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

One of my missions this year is to rid my loft of this very same junk that stbx left me with!
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old January 21st, 2014, 04:15 PM

Zulu is on a distinguished road

My DH likes to leave used paper towels lying around the kitchen. He will be in the middle of cooking something and use a paper towel to dry or clean something, and then just set it down on the counter. That happens repeatedly until there are paper towels all over! I start throwing them away, and he tells me he wasn't done using them. oh well, at least he helps with the cooking!
Old January 21st, 2014, 05:55 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Zulu, that's too funny! He's being "green" too.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 05:21 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
My DH likes to leave used paper towels lying around the kitchen. He will be in the middle of cooking something and use a paper towel to dry or clean something, and then just set it down on the counter. That happens repeatedly until there are paper towels all over!

<snicker> Guilty!

It gets on my wifes nerves too.

I still leave them laying around...
Old January 22nd, 2014, 08:18 AM

Another pet peeve... DH prefers to do things himself. He went out at 8AM to shovel. He didn't wake YDS to help. He does this all.the.time! The little princes stay in bed while he works.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 12:29 PM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Shopping... Normally I don't mind it too much, but I just don't understand why she HAS to look at EVERYTHING!
Old January 26th, 2014, 12:13 AM

Pickerupper is on a distinguished road

Toys and socks on the floor... why does it happen?
Old January 26th, 2014, 04:36 AM

Your husband leaves his toys on the floor, too!