Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Boyfriends & Girlfriends

Old May 8th, 2014, 02:04 PM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: breakup stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
knot you make me (love the grocery store anlology - yeah, I know, I can't spell)

but are you serious? if you had a girlfriend (not someone you were just dating) you'd breakup by disappearing?!?
I jest quite often...

Only once did I literally disappear. I dated a girl who was very jealous. I couldn't talk to any of my friends without her flipping out on me. Had to tell her where I was, what I was doing, where I was going. Gheesh! She drove me nuts. I disappeared like a fart in the wind.

She did contact me a couple of times. I told her as straight faced as I could - "It's over... Goodbye." No explanation, nothing. I just didn't care.

Have I been dropped? Oh yeah. I once had a girl tell me I was an exercise in futility.
Old May 8th, 2014, 02:20 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot2loud View Post
I once had a girl tell me I was an exercise in futility.
Just once?

Old May 9th, 2014, 07:05 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

I had to give her credit for an original thought.

Just once? LOL... Nope.

Took this one lady out to dance one evening. She danced with about a half dozen other guys so I started asking other girls to dance. She disappeared sometime during the evening. She left me a little dumbfounded... I hung around until closing before I finally went home. Saw her around a few times, but she seemed to want to avoid me. I was cool with that.
Old October 25th, 2014, 12:02 AM

DannyRao642512 is on a distinguished road

when i was at 22 years than i left my first girl friend.
Old October 26th, 2014, 04:32 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

care to share?
Old November 4th, 2014, 10:10 AM
is never to loud.

Early in my military career I was sent to school for six weeks at Goodfellow AFB, TX. Goodfellow was a training base for both Army and Air Force. My classes were Monday - Friday. There wasn't much to do on weekends so I generally hung out on base at the club - I didn't really have the funds to go off base. Besides, the town was in the bible belt and it rolled up the streets around 8pm. The couple of clubs they did have weren't exactly my cup of tea anyway.

Listening to the music playing and the fact that I had already consumed a bit more alcohol than I should have. I was getting ready to head back to my room and end another boring evening when this lady Private came up to me and said: "You look like you just lost you best friend." Dumbfounded and surprised; we started talking. The club closed and I walked her back to her dorm. I figured that was the last I would see of her. The next morning I headed off to get some food and did my usual weekend walk-a-thon around the base. At some point in the day I ran into her. She told me she went to Billeting (where I was staying) and knocked on my door and decided to look for me (Red Flag! - Who wants to walk all over creation looking for some drunk you met the night before?)

Okay, what the heck... I can either make a half dozen more trips around the base or I can spend my time talking to a living human being. Thus she commenced telling me the story of her life (Red Flag #2 - Who tells a complete stranger who was dunk the night before the story of your life?)

Cut to the chase... She said she was married (Huge Red Flag with flashing red strobes)! My thought then was that this girl has to go bye bye. I learned real fast that this was going to easier said than done. Over the next few days this gal would literally hunt me down. Why? I had no idea. Actually, I do... but this is a family forum. I had zero interest in her - my number one rule was to leave all married women alone.

So here it is... She knew my class schedule, where I'm staying - which is haunting in itself - she actually came to my room a few times. I could see her shadow under the door where she actually got down on her hands and knees to peer under the door - weird. The only thing she didn't know was when I was leaving.

The evening before I left I ran into her. I told her I was leaving the following week. She said she wanted to see me off, so I told her okay. I told her my flight leaves early in the morning. She said she'd make sure I'd be up to make my flight. From the look in her eye I figured she had something in mind and I just didn't want to go there. To be truthful... being a 20 year old young guy... certain thoughts did cross my mind. But, I've always been one to stick to certain moral rules.

Anyway, I told her I wasn't feeling to good and wanted to get some rest. We parted and I went back to my room, packed my stuff, called a taxi, checked in at some cheap motel, woke up the next morning, got another taxi, went to the small airport and left.

I felt kind of bad for the lady. All she wanted was some positive attention. I did tell her that I don't mess around with married women and I did give her a listening ear. She didn't seem to have a good marriage, but I just didn't know. Besides, it would have mattered anyway.

Just another disappearing act from me. Personally, I hope the lady ended up having a happier life. I know I never would have been able to fulfill her dreams of long lasting happiness.
Old November 4th, 2014, 10:42 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

*sniff* So happy there are men like you out there, K2L
Old July 22nd, 2018, 12:12 AM

lilly210 is on a distinguished road

Once upon a time. Dated a guy on and off for 3 years. He was unique, weird, aloof and just a typical Aquarius artist. I was looking to get married and wanted to know where he was at. Never gave me a solid answer and it was hard to understand him. I got sick and tired of his delayed reaction. Gave him a timeline and all of a sudden we're looking for home for us. Super excited and happy and thought he was going to pull the trigger. Thought he had high expectations and he wanted to be closer to his mother.... Suddenly, I realized no one single home we looked at was good enough. I got sick of it. Broke it off. Found out later from my close friend after talking with him that he didn't want to buy the home because he thought the world was going to end in 2012. Mayan calendar says......
Whats the point of buying a home if he can travel with me?
That is crazy. LOL!
Old July 22nd, 2018, 05:44 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly210 View Post
he didn't want to buy the home because he thought the world was going to end in 2012. Mayan calendar says......
Whats the point of buying a home if he can travel with me?
That is crazy. LOL!
The fact that he didn't share this information with you was a big, red flag. Not marrying him was a good choice!
Old July 22nd, 2018, 07:51 PM

lilly210 is on a distinguished road

Totally agree! During that time, it was the biggest betrayal because I was never told and he wasted my time.

If it wasn't for that incident, I wouldn't have met my husband.

Happily married to a great man now. =)