Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Spouses & Significant Others

Old March 11th, 2013, 10:05 AM

DadofFour is on a distinguished road
Re: The dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Nice.

I've been married for 22 years, DadofFour. I think if I preferred the single life I would've chosen it by now. Just because my husband has a lack of awareness doesn't mean that I don't love him and want to be married, or that I refuse to "communicate" with him.

My post was intended for comedy. I'm sorry that wasn't clear to you..
Sorry, I didn't get it and still don't get the comedy in that.

Quote:
ETA: I like my husband too, K2L. But wait, you think that if *I* clean the pool that will make him feel better about himself? Actually, my experience with him is that if I clean the pool, he'll feel bad about himself (since he feels responsible for it and will feel like I don't trust that he'll do it).
No, I don't think that.

I just think you should prioritize your husband over bs.
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:15 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadofFour View Post
Sorry, I didn't get it and still don't get the comedy in that.

No, I don't think that.

Perhaps you have to be the momoffour who has been married for more then 2 decades to get this type of humor?

Seriously, google "relationships and retirement" and you'll see that this is a real relationship issue. Then google "laughter and relationships" and you can read about how finding the humor in the everyday annoyances helps to prevent them from becoming bigger problems.

KayKay, I think K2L meant that DH should clean the pool or find something else that will make him feel better. But maybe he should try it as a side job or hobby before he quits his day job.

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; March 11th, 2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: typo
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:32 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadofFour View Post
Yes, DadofFour. I do that. Thanks for the reminder though.
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:38 AM

DadofFour is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt View Post
Perhaps you have to be the momoffour who has been married for more then 2 decades to get this type of humor?
Perhaps. That or I'm not easily amused.
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:37 PM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

ETA: I like my husband too, K2L. But wait, you think that if *I* clean the pool that will make him feel better about himself? Actually, my experience with him is that if I clean the pool, he'll feel bad about himself (since he feels responsible for it and will feel like I don't trust that he'll do it).

And here I thought I was adding to the humor of the moment.

...and i'm happy for you that like your husband too.

Are you having a bad hair day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt View Post
KayKay, I think K2L meant that DH should clean the pool or find something else that will make him feel better. But maybe he should try it as a side job or hobby before he quits his day job.
Close. I saw KK's humor. She just didn't appreciate my humor. Now I'm hurt. I'm taking my football and going home.
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:43 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot2loud View Post
I saw KK's humor. She just didn't appreciate my humor. Now I'm hurt. I'm taking my football and going home.
Oh, I get it!!

Sorry... I was just confused. I thought you were being serious and I was like "Wait, how does me doing his chores for him make him feel better about himself?" *duh*
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:50 PM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, I get it!!

Sorry... I was just confused. I thought you were being serious and I was like "Wait, how does me doing his chores for him make him feel better about himself?" *duh*
I'm still taking my football home.