Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Spouses & Significant Others

Old March 15th, 2013, 11:16 AM

longhairedgnome will become famous soon enough
Re: Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just the wife View Post
If the young man does show up or if we make contact, do we tell them why my husband did what he did? Me nor my husband want to disparage his mother.
Missed this on the first read. Absolutely tell the truth about what happened. You can be honest without being judgemental about the ex.
Old March 16th, 2013, 01:54 PM

Just the wife is on a distinguished road

Thank you everyone!! This really helps. I honestly have no one I can talk to about this. Whenever me and my DH discuss it, I see such pain in his eyes that I just want it to go away. I did tell him that he might want to talk to someone and get a fresh and professional perspective on this.
Old April 4th, 2013, 12:11 PM

naresh is on a distinguished road

I really don't know how to respond ... if I were in that situation, I think I'd want DNA tests, then go from there
Old April 4th, 2013, 02:55 PM

BagLady will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just the wife View Post
No, my daughter knows nothing of this. We never thought it would be a issue. She is a only child. Fortunately, she doesn't live in the same state. If the young man does show up or if we make contact, do we tell them why my husband did what he did? Me nor my husband want to disparage his mother. My husband is a good person, he's coached wrestling from the ages 3-16 for free for most of our marriage. It takes a lot of time between practice and tournaments, and even though we have no sons of our own, a lot of these young men have lived with us, due to problems at their homes. So now to find out that he might have deserted his own children, and they ended up in prison? He's devastated. He's wondering what if? I hate this. He's been through two rounds of treatment for hep c, in the last few years and doesn't need this stress.
I feel like it's the boy's mother who needs to shoulder the blame. It was a really low down thing for her to do in the first place.
Wonder how this young man found out about your daughter in the first place? Has your hubbies ex been keeping tabs on you all these years? That would be creepy.
I'm sorry to hear your husband isn't well.