Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Boyfriends & Girlfriends

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 28th, 2013, 09:56 AM

MissB14 is on a distinguished road
Not sure if I can, or want to, stay in a relationship with my unstable boyfriend...

He and I have been together for about 5 months. Things in our relationship started off good, but over time it has become apparent that he's mentally unstable. I've come to realize that he's a religious fanatic, and has recently started hearing voices. He thinks he can move things with his mind. He is exhausting to be around. He is in total denial that something is wrong, and he won't get help. He's not treating me with respect, or treating me the way a boyfriend should treat his girlfriend. And I'm tired of it. Even his family has told me that I deserve better. They told me that he's been going downhill the past 5 years, but it has become worse within the past 2. I don't know if I have the strength to go on in this relationship. How do I break up with him, without him going off the deep end? I've tried to end things numerous times, but he thinks I'm "the one" and always stops me from breaking up.

Thank you for your time.