Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Closed Thread

Old December 16th, 2010, 10:55 AM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of
Question Sensa

http://start.trysensa.com/dms2060/in...uarantee&utn=4

Has anyone heard of this or tried it? I know of the doctor that developed Sensa. My sisters and I once went to him many years ago while he was researching weight loss thru smell. We were given tiny little plastic tubes similar to vicks inhaler type thingies and was instructed to sniff before meals. Mine smelled like tortilla chips! I sort of gave up on it due to time restraints and traveling back and forth to Chicago for re-checks.

Just wondering if anyone heard of it. There is no info on just what Sensa is or how it controls the appetite and whether people with thyroid probs can take it. Hmmm...sounds too good to be true

I found this also:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/truth-about-sensa

Ok. I HAVE educated myself about healthy eating and making simple, sustainable changes to my lifestyle. If it was THAT easy, I wouldn't consider Sensa nor would I need to.

Last edited by JemStar; December 16th, 2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old December 20th, 2010, 09:34 AM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sensa

Hi Jemstar, i've never heard of it, but it probably isn't allowed to be sold in NZ. (Strict "snake oil" rules).

I would say that the "clinical trials" they quote have very little info on the way the trials were conducted, how the people were selected, the demographics, if the trials have been published in peer reviewed medical journals etc.

- For example if they hand selected overweight people for the real sample, and average weight people for the control sample, then you would be hoping that the control group didn't loose weight. Probably not, but that's not the problem. The problem is that we aren't told, and there is no links to take you to further info about it. That's the problem. They are just selling hope.

Also, i'd be wary of sprinkling anything on my food that i didn't have more info on the long-term harmful effects.

Sorry i can't be more positive.
Old December 20th, 2010, 03:55 PM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

That's fine Mrs. X, it does sound a little snakey to me...lol
Old April 7th, 2011, 01:27 AM

aileenwilliams is on a distinguished road

SENSAź was designed to work with your sense of smell to help trigger Sensory Specific Satiety.

When a person eats smells and tastes receptors send messages to person's brain which release hormones that tell the body to stop eating. This phenomena is known as Sensory Specific Satiety .By enhancing smell, SENSA Testants are designed to help speed up the process and automatically person gets signal that he is full so the person eats less and is satisfied .Because SENSA works with the body's natural impulses, rather than against them ,there are no feelings of hunger or intense cravings .

Last edited by aileenwilliams; April 7th, 2011 at 02:14 AM.
Closed Thread