Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > News and Current Events

News and Current Events Discuss news and current events

Old February 23rd, 2012, 07:25 PM

gardenofjade is on a distinguished road
Re: Muammar Qaddafi is dead

Hi Kaykay, to which rule are you referring? I was just stating facts about the dictator in the discussion. I am a geopolitical analysist and happen to teach at a university level on the subject. I can tell you many things that main stream media won't from people who are on the ground. Further I have studied Islam for over 40 years in practice and in relation to World Religion.

The situation in Libya is not isolated to Libya, the network of Islamic countries extends past it's borders and Sharia is not a plural law. Many Westerners mistake that someone could actually believe that all men are not created (and should be treated) equally.

Anyway, it's quite interesting if we could forward the discussion.
Old February 24th, 2012, 05:06 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Gardenofjade, I'm going to risk stepping on the toes of the Admin here and say that I find your posts to have an undertone of threat.

One of the rules here seems to apply:
Quote:
No posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, political, or non-profit causes. The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support. Limited religious references are allowed (i.e. "my prayers are with you" or a brief quote as part of a larger post), but the forums should not be used to convert others.
We're really just a bunch of people from all over the world trying to help each other out with family relationships and we have light conversations on the side.
Old February 24th, 2012, 01:05 PM

gardenofjade is on a distinguished road

I gotcha Lucy. I'm more of a Prepper I suppose. Being so, I tend to scare people... when reality is sometimes too vivid when it's in your face. I've made my college students cry in class... it's scary... the things I know since I work in counter-terrorism.

If anyone wants more info I guess there is a pm feature somewhere.

(((((( hugs )))))))
Old February 25th, 2012, 10:24 AM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenofjade View Post
I gotcha Lucy. I'm more of a Prepper I suppose. Being so, I tend to scare people... when reality is sometimes too vivid when it's in your face. I've made my college students cry in class... it's scary... the things I know since I work in counter-terrorism.
(((((( hugs )))))))
I have no idea what a "Prepper" is? Hopefully your students don't cry because you scare them, hopefully they are moved by what you have to say. (There is a chasm of difference between these two!) - As the person who officially holds power in a class, you need to be VERY careful of overstepping or abusing that.