Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Step-families

Old January 5th, 2009, 07:58 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does your SO make you the bad guy?

Nope.

But, as part of my New Years Resolution was to no longer be a doormat - I'm going to take back the power in my own home -

I'm going to need support - I'm in the habit of backing down/not saying anything (more of not saying anything- safer that way, I can't be "punished" if I don't say anything) {can you tell I grew up in a disfunctional home?}
Old January 9th, 2009, 09:24 PM

Lynnie is on a distinguished road

No, we have always done things together and with our children and now with their families.

In my family and extended families if there has been a nose put out of joint ... then we would walk away and have a break, maybe a week, maybe a year ... whatever time span it took to get over the problem ... when we seen each other again we would be overjoyed and knew how much each other was missed ...

Never a harsh word was spoken or ever spoken between us ... words hurt more than deeds, deeds are forgivable because we all have our faults (like walking away) but harsh words said to hurt, to get a reaction, may not be really meant and may be forgiven in time but never will be forgotten in our hearts or minds because of the deep hurt they cause to our souls.

Huge Hugs Lynnie
Old January 15th, 2009, 10:30 AM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough

Well said Lynnie!

Harsh words are the worst thing. Like you say, they stay forever in your heart.

Something like speaking your mind in a letter.....never a good idea as it can be read and re read

My D H is always the good guy here! Especially with my son who definitely favours him to me, DH makes me the bad guy by never singing from the same hymn sheet as me or backing me up when I have reason to complain.

Dont get me wrong DH is a great guy but he certainly gets satisfaction out of being the good guy although he probably doesnt realise this himself. It must be great to be held in such high esteem GRRRRRRH!
Old January 15th, 2009, 09:05 PM

Lynnie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
Well said Lynnie!

Harsh words are the worst thing. Like you say, they stay forever in your heart.

Something like speaking your mind in a letter.....never a good idea as it can be read and re read

My D H is always the good guy here! Especially with my son who definitely favours him to me, DH makes me the bad guy by never singing from the same hymn sheet as me or backing me up when I have reason to complain.

Dont get me wrong DH is a great guy but he certainly gets satisfaction out of being the good guy although he probably doesnt realise this himself. It must be great to be held in such high esteem GRRRRRRH!
G'day Lizzie, thankyou, harsh words can tear a loving family apart and although both sides want or would like to undo the damage harsh words have created ... it's never the same ... the relationships are never as deep again. That's why a site of this nature is so needed, so as others can learn by other's mistakes, maybe saving a loving relationship.

Husband have it easy and are the family hero but that's cool ...
it's us that gets the flowers and chocolates
it's them that get the socks and ties
Old March 24th, 2009, 08:44 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Hawaii is back on (maybe). I told DH he'd have to take care of setting it up - he keeps talking about it, but to my knowledge he hasn't done anything to make it a reality . The only thing he said to me was to ask if I wanted to help plan it - at this time there's 2-3 months before the dates we could go - oh well

To my knowledge he's done nothing about booking a hotel, flights, travel plans...etc

The only thing I've told him is that I want seperate rooms for us and the kids (I go stir crazy stuck in a room with the 4 of us & I'd be miserable/probally make everyone else miserable - I've learned I NEED some alone time)
Old March 27th, 2011, 03:24 PM

marky is on a distinguished road

Have you ever felt this burning desire to see someone you liked or even loved? Even if you did not know this women for a long time, but you still missed her for some reasons?