Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Around the House > Other

Other General household discussions.

Old July 31st, 2015, 12:22 PM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: stove types

My wife and I like a gas stove better. It seems to cook more evenly and better. However, we like having an electric oven.
Old August 4th, 2015, 12:26 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I want a double oven

DH wants a glasstop .... my mom had one and it was a PITA. With the new ones do you still need to avoid getting sugar on them?

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old August 4th, 2015, 03:01 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I think mine must have some kind of anti-scratch measure on it. I don't have concerns about sugar scratching it, but I don't wipe it while dry, typically. I spritz a cleaner on it.
Old August 6th, 2015, 08:01 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of

Love the glass tops....however, if I had it to do again, I would buy one which offers a burner which heats up very quickly but when you take the pan off it's cool? Sorry forget what they are called.

I've had gas and electric and simply love how quickly the glass tops cleans up....
Old August 6th, 2015, 10:47 AM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremebrulee View Post
Love the glass tops....however, if I had it to do again, I would buy one which offers a burner which heats up very quickly but when you take the pan off it's cool? Sorry forget what they are called.
Induction cooktops. - Very expensive here.
Old August 6th, 2015, 03:20 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I looked at those when I got my last cooktop. I remember thinking "WOW - I want that" but then deciding not to get one, not for price reasons either. Maybe it didn't work with my space or something.
Old August 8th, 2015, 02:23 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Our problem has been that one of the gas hobs has kept cutting off. - Of course the one used most frequently. It had got worse and worse over the last few weeks to the point it would not usually burn unless you kept the knob held in.

Yesterday, we pulled the whole oven out and had a good look at it. Pulled bits off it until we could see what was where, and DH applied contact cleaner and reseated all the contacts that are the same as the one that didn't seem to be working. Now the burner is behaving nicely again. - Not sure for how long but we now know which part has problems and how to get at it if we need to do anything further to it. But, my Goodness it is badly made. Unfortunately, it still suits our purposes much better than anything else currently on the market that we are prepared to pay for, so sticking with it until it croaks at this stage.