Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old August 1st, 2014, 05:41 PM

pinktaffy is on a distinguished road
Re: The Vicious Cycle

Maybe this is bad of me to say, and you guys can delete if needed. But!!!! Smoking is Not that horrible as the media makes it out to be. Dont beat your self up about quitting not quitting. It will happen when you are ready. My moms mom never smoked, nor drank a sip of alcohol ever! She died from diabetes at age 65. My dads mom drinks, smokes, dances, and laughs till she is blue, she is like 100?? okay maybe 80, I would post of a pic of her but I'm too new and not allowed. My point is I think you can be okay in health if your a smoker... I smoked for about 3-5 years. Dont know why i thought it was kool! and i wanted to be just like my fav grandma and be addicted too. Well I never got addicted and just stopped buy cig packs and never had the urge to smoke again. Sometimes at party's or when in vegas I will have a cig or two. But thats it
Old August 2nd, 2014, 02:42 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaffy View Post
so jealous

i wish i had a running group...uggh! the only groups i seem to find are eating ones. Hmm, have you guys heard of PACT? its an app that pays you for working out, paid for other users who don't ! i guess there are far more payers than payees I will join as soon as i can drive again
Lol, i have to ask. How is being able to run dependent on being able to drive?

Just get out there girl! - You don't need an app, or a group, or any other excuses, just comfortable clothing and and a pair of joggers.
Old August 4th, 2014, 01:42 AM

pinktaffy is on a distinguished road

Dammit, that was funny! It is as easy as you explained, I'm just lazy I guess? I will always find an excuse for not working out.. Thanks!! for the motivation though it made me laugh
I really do need to put some miles on my brand new pair of new balance.
Old August 4th, 2014, 05:14 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Well Pinktaffy... Smoking is as bad as they say. My father died of COPD, my wife's mother died of COPD. All related to smoking. I smoked for 30 years and was in the early stages of COPD and I quit. That was 6 or 7 years ago. I couldn't even walk up the stairs without getting winded. Add overweight and a higher than normal blood pressure and you have a heart attack waiting to happen.

I hope you don't think I'm being obstinate, but seriously... Smoking really is bad. My heart goes out to those who are unable to quit.
Old August 11th, 2014, 06:40 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

There is enough factual evidence linking smoking to disease; no one should start that habit today!

And back to the vicious cycle v 2.0. I've been working really hard for about 3 weeks. I haven't lost a pound, but I feel better. I saw someone last night and she pulled me aside. She said, "you've lost so much weight since I last saw you!" I thanked her, the she said it wasn't a compliment. She thought maybe I was sick. It would have been okay, except she followed me all night apologizing for insulting me and asking me if I felt okay.

Tendonitis was actually easier to deal with.
Old August 11th, 2014, 10:51 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

So you aren't losing pounds but you're losing inches?? Lucy, that's fabulous!! Congratulations!!
Old August 11th, 2014, 11:16 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Muscle weighs more than fat. Muscle looks better too.
Old August 18th, 2014, 07:34 AM
is never to loud.

My personal secret weapon in exercise, weight loss and muscle tone... Shaun T DVD's.
Old August 18th, 2014, 08:32 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! I'm impressed with Knot doing that Rockin' Body Dance Workout and Hip-Hop ABS!
Old August 18th, 2014, 09:58 AM
is never to loud.

Ha... If I tried to keep up with Shaun T's pace I would already be dead. It's just an exercise video that actually works. I use it, but not at the pace the video offers.

Don't be impressed... No matter how hard I try, I can't stop the aging process.

I figure in another five years I'll be doing the Tai-Chi thing in a park with a bunch of other old people.