Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Closed Thread

Old June 20th, 2008, 11:13 AM
maura

Re: I need some inspiration!

Lately, I have noticed a big drop in my "blind munchie streaks" by drinking alot of water. Always having it on hand.
And, I have decided to get moving again. Not belly busting muscle ripping workouts, just walking at a good speed for 45 minutes each day.
I found out two of my three dogs could use some extra exercise - since they are a couple pounds over - so I take them along, too (with water for them).
I hope I see some results soon. I have been pretty determined for the past couple of months now and loss is s - l - o - w.
Old June 20th, 2008, 04:22 PM

elaine will become famous soon enough

Thanks, everyone!

I agree, maura. Sometimes what I think is "hungry" is just the munchies or I'm thirsty. If I keep a bottle of water in my hand and keep myself hydrated it helps. I've also been drinking the K20 protein water in the afternoon (my weak time). Has anyone tried it? I tried the pre-made kind and it was AWFUL. Ick. But, after some prodding, a friend of mine got me to try the one's in the little packet that you mix into your bottle of water. It's really not that bad! Each serving (1 bottle) has 30 cals, 5 g protein, and 5 g fiber.

Walking is also good exercise. I've been doing that regularly, too. (I'm reallyl getting tired of the gym.)

snafu-- I'm going to order a new pedometer today that I've had several people recommend to me. I will let you know what I think when I get it.

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old June 20th, 2008, 05:48 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by april View Post
There is a saying in Russian, I'll try to translate: Eat breakfast yourself, share lunch (or dinner) with a friend, give your supper to your worst enemy.
I.... LOVE.... THAT!!
Old June 21st, 2008, 12:48 PM
maura

Hello Elaine!!!

I want one too! Pedometer. I can't wait to find out how you like it. Please share.

No on the protein water--something about the ingredients. I have tried skinny water - not bad. FUZE = better than juice or colas, and the newer Vitamin waters (I had the relax awhile ago and I think it actually worked and have had the energy one as well. I do like them, but it can get costly).
Watch the calories per serving. There are over two servings in each bottle at 50 calories each. If I were to drink two bottles (which I know people that do), there is well over 200 calories right there! yikes.

Last edited by maura; June 21st, 2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old June 21st, 2008, 02:15 PM

Maura,

You are absolutely right about watching your liquid calories. They can add up so fast before you realize it.

Here is the pedometer I ordered: http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-720IT...1150125&sr=8-2

I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives.

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old June 24th, 2008, 09:05 AM
maura

I think I am a fan of the Omron products. I have the BP monitor. I will bet the pedometer is made well too.
I have always wanted one and can never remember to get one. I think I'll check some out.

How are things going for you Elaine?

I have been keeping track of calories, like a journal. This past weekend I went over my 1500 for each day so I am back to keeping closer watch on it. Mostly comfort foods, I think. But keeping track of each and every calorie helps me for some reason. If I load up at lunch I know to have salad for dinner and fruit for snack.
It isn't easy. And it gets difficult when you are at a party or restaurant. But I know "bad" is for snacks. Huge weakness. So I juggle the calories if I give in to them.
I also bought a new Brita water thing too. I felt bad about all the plastic bottles I was adding to the landfills.

Last edited by maura; June 24th, 2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old July 10th, 2008, 02:37 PM

Felicia is on a distinguished road

So, YES...put pics up...those are the best reminders. Also, there is women's running community that I visit, Traxee ,and they have some recent posts up on some really fun ways to switch up a exercise routine...like Hula hooping! Go check it out an dget motivated!

Best Wishes,

~Felicia
Old July 11th, 2008, 09:27 AM
maura

Thank you Felicia!!
I began dieting seriously in April, 2007. It has become a total thing for me to say no to alot of temptations. At times I do give in to the pressure.
I now have more motivation: MY OVERWEIGHT PETS!

My yorkie became seriously ill due to lack of exercise: pancreatitis. After $1500 worth of meds/food/tests and vet bills, I am MOVING. I am walking with them.
How sad one became ill. The big bulge in the tummy wasn't enough for me? Well, the vets were never concerned, so I didn't. Well, I am now. We are walking in am and pm when cooler. I can't wait to get them down at least 2 -3 pounds each.
Here we go...........
Old July 11th, 2008, 09:32 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

That's inspiring maura! Have you managed to lose any weight? (Assuming that was your goal)
Old July 11th, 2008, 09:38 AM

Good job, maura! How much are you walking?

Closed Thread