Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Closed Thread

Old May 3rd, 2009, 09:55 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wii Fit

I passed the Ultimate Challange yesterday!!! (FYI - its a balance thingy)

I've been doing it for 3 weeks now & my balance has improved. I can also tell there's a slight difference in my abs...I need to do more jack-knives DS (10 yrs) "challanges: the trainer & beats him every time - I can't even finish the first set
Old May 12th, 2009, 08:42 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

We finally got Wii Fit last week and we LOVE it!

I think the weigh in is about in line with our bathroom scales. I am extremely happy that the kids are classed as a healthy weight and BMI. They really enjoy it but we only allow them to do the aerobics and balance games as I think they are too young to do yoga and muscle workouts yet.

One question though; Why, oh why did they never include a warm up section in there?
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:46 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

How old are your kids?

My DS (10 yr) loves the Fit too.

I got the Jillian __________ (the female "biggest loser" TV show trainer) fitness program for Mother's Day {I asked for it, wanted some variety}. I wish they did the modeling for the activities the same way they did for the "Fit"
Old May 14th, 2009, 02:54 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
How old are your kids?

My DS (10 yr) loves the Fit too.

I got the Jillian __________ (the female "biggest loser" TV show trainer) fitness program for Mother's Day {I asked for it, wanted some variety}. I wish they did the modeling for the activities the same way they did for the "Fit"
They are 6 and 4.

I've seen more fitness programs coming up for the Wii too. I think I've a long way to go before I am ready to embark on anything else. DH has been doing it more than me at the moment. He's getting through all the muscle workouts and putting me to great shame, so I'll have to step up to the mark and try and beat him!
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old May 15th, 2009, 02:40 PM

Another Disheartened DIL is on a distinguished road

I'm so excited! We got a Wii and the Fit and some other things yesterday!! We got in too late to set it up, plus I want to clear out one of the tv armoire's bottom cabinets for it and all of it's stuff. Gotta find another spot for the liquer since the other side is cookbooks and they're not moving
Old August 8th, 2009, 10:34 PM
future crazy cat lady

I fell off the "wagon"

Went on vacation the first part of June & that was the end of the Wii - I'm paying for it too. According to the scale my wieght is the same, but my jeans are getting tighter in the seat .... so I must be losing muscle tone

Monday morning I'm starting again.
Old August 29th, 2009, 10:18 AM
future crazy cat lady

I finally got back on the Wii a couple days ago- according to the Wii my weight has gone up since I last got on - 2 lbs in 3 months

I'm working back into it gradually...how's everyone else doing? Not as inconsistant as me I hope
Old August 29th, 2009, 11:16 AM

Blue Skies will become famous soon enough

Thanks, snafu, for inspiring me to get back on the Wii fit this evening....we got it last Christmas and started off with a bang. Slowly but surely, we all fell off the wagon. I kept with it the longest - for about 2 months straight. Didn't lose any weight, but didn't gain any either during that time. I think it's going to *scold* at me tonight, though, because I know the number has gone up about 5 lbs. That plus it's been about, say, 200 days since Wii last saw me.......
Old August 29th, 2009, 11:23 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I've been booted out of all of the rooms where I can hook up the Wii. I am very Wii UNFit right now.
Old September 1st, 2009, 09:17 AM

Blue Skies will become famous soon enough

Well, maybe this evening will mark my return........
Closed Thread