Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old June 24th, 2011, 07:00 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Motivation - please help

Well I think you're doing great.
Old June 26th, 2011, 06:53 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
I've aslo been trying to eat foods that are celluite "busters" (mainly fruits, but I'm going to try fennel bulbs).

Next month I'm planning on trying to track calories.

- I'm also checking out a gym that has exercise classes & DH is willing to go with me.

update on these things

-fennel bulbs -meh - I think they'd be better roasted, than the reciepe I tried
- DH & I checked out exercise classes - I need to finish my class work, then join the gym

- I'm getting into the habit of weighing my food (for portions), but that should help me track calories

- I am now down 6 lbs from when I started - - now I think I'd be able to get into some of the clothes I sold/got rid of {however, I know rapid weight loss doesn't mean the weight will stay off- we'll see if I "rebound"}

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old June 27th, 2011, 04:42 PM

henneryfall is on a distinguished road

You loss your weight last years first you take food proper time and work only working time not late night. This activity effect on your body. Do not think more and more about any thing and live life without tension.
Old June 29th, 2011, 06:22 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

rebound is possibily hitting - I've also (re)discovered my triggers/things that encourage the "bad stuff"

- stress
- running errands when crunched for time &/or stressed
- DS (kids 'ill do it to you every time - AKA kids are fatening)

Old June 29th, 2011, 09:03 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Don't give up!! Don't give up!!

Not too much you can do instantaneously about stress eating (it's a hard habit to break) but you can do something about DS (do you mean you eat what or when he eats?) and running errands/time crunch. Just a little bit of planning is all it takes. Eat a healthy but filling snack before you leave, or take it with you in the car. This will help quell the urge to eat while you're out. Also, don't feel that you need to eat every time DS does. (I drive thru someplace almost every day after school with my kids. I get an iced tea and pat myself on the back for "saving money" by not eating fast food. Yes, I realize how ridiculous that sounds, but it helps me!)
Old June 30th, 2011, 02:23 AM

Priscille will become famous soon enough

An inner conflict is the major reason why weight loss is not sustained over time.

When you have these triggers: stress, lack of time, ... what do you say to yourself? What is your focus? What do you feel like?

These are the keys to stop the rebound.

Get back to empowering emotions: I can do it. I will manage this. I am worth it. And any other language pattern that can counter the dis-empowering emotions you are having in these moments.
Old July 13th, 2011, 06:12 PM
future crazy cat lady

I've regained some of the weight (ok, most of it-all but 2 lbs) while I was working on my paper - but I started drinking soda again -not drinking as much water - fast food... I only got the past 2 days... I've also not been eating healthy the way I was...

Salad for lunch tomorrow & quinoa for breakfast

Old July 13th, 2011, 07:27 PM

How many sodas do you drink per day? Why do you drink them? snafu, I think you'd see some drastic results if you'd cut those out.
Old July 13th, 2011, 09:42 PM

Priscille will become famous soon enough

You can cut yourself some slack too! You've been working really hard on that paper. You had to push yourself... and gave yourself some comfort while doing it!

Now that you are fully aware of it, (and that your paper is almost done), stick to your salad and quinoa and you'll get great results!!!
Old July 14th, 2011, 06:13 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Use your current weight as your cap. Go to a diet soda (zero calories) if you need a soda. When you diet, take care of one issue (problem) at a time until you conquer that. Then move on to the next.

If your motivation is in spurts then just try to be more cautious when your motivation is down. Keep reminding yourself whatyou want to do and tell yourself you can do it.