Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old January 1st, 2012, 03:53 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: weight loss challenge & DH

I'm not going to do calorie tracking to start with... I also realized that the "plan" had me losing all the weight in 3 months - that ain't happenin'.

DH & I started today - we each want to lose about 14%-15% of our weight by the end of the school year (well DH want to lose it by the end of the school year...I'm a thinkin' before next school year starts). We're going to try to work out 3 times per week.

We wanted to try challenges today, but neither one of use knew how to set up the Wii to use 2 remotes at the same time & DS is at his dad's - we needed his help

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old January 7th, 2012, 08:06 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Weigh in is tomorrow.... I need to hit the eliptical again - ok, I need to start over on my eliptical workouts & build up my stanima

However I am going to quit coke completly. Right now I'm drinking a mini can of coke when I get a caffeine withdrawal headache, and an occasional can of caffeine free. I discovered that drinking "extra" soda triggers cravings - I really, reeaally wanted more, but abstained from "coke overload"

DH hasn't been exercising - he started out using the eliptical... but now... nada
Old January 7th, 2012, 08:17 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Good going, snafu!!
Old January 8th, 2012, 05:29 PM
future crazy cat lady

no weight loss yet, but I am eating healthier...I'm hoping to drop weight by the end of the month.
Old January 11th, 2012, 10:32 AM
future crazy cat lady

my "assignment" for this week is to journal everything I eat - I'm even including gum (@ < 5 cal.)

Well.... my biggest issue(s) are calories in drinks (but that's no supprise); and the days I get the munchies... snacks kill me...even if they are healthy snacks.

I'm planning to get on/use the eliptical and watch "The Biggest Loser" weekly. I missed it this week, but now I have a plan
Old January 16th, 2012, 01:28 PM
future crazy cat lady

I've lost 1 pound (0.07 stone) from my orginal weight... and coke doesn't taste as good anymore

I'm going to be checking my measurements every other month... the Biggest Loser Wii game has you measure your neck, chest (not bust), waist, and hips ...
Old January 16th, 2012, 04:04 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be willing to bet that you've lost "fat" mass and gained "muscle" mass. Does the Wii Fit measure your BMI? Good going!
Old January 17th, 2012, 03:26 PM
future crazy cat lady

The Wii Fit does BMI, I don't know about the Wii "Biggest Loser".

At first I was a bit upset that 1 pound was all I've lost, but then I realized that I started this month... so I'm doing fine . It just that part of me want to lose the last 10 lbs (or so) I gained as fast as I gained them (over 6 weeks)
Old January 22nd, 2012, 05:46 PM
future crazy cat lady

My "homework" last week was to walk 30 minutes 5x that week (DH & I had the same "homework"). DH & I walked when it was nice enough, then used the elipitical when it wasn't.

I'm going to keep doing it this week (and when "The Biggest Loser" is on, I'll be on the eliptical the entire show ) and I'm starting my new homework - to drink 2 glasses/16 ounces of water first thing every morning.

when I tried to weight in today the bateries in the balance board died - so ... for the "weigh in" it didn't record that I lost any weight. DH, on the other hand has lost more weight (I had to plug the thing into the charger while we were using it).
But... I did a yoga routine and got weighed again... and I have lost weight !!!

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:31 PM

WTG, snafu!!