Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old September 8th, 2012, 12:31 AM

danRoss is on a distinguished road
hi guys...

Hi,
I m also newbie..your most welcome to this community. Hope you will stay over here for long time with us...... Cheers!
Old September 8th, 2012, 05:11 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: weight loss challenge & DH

snafu has been a member of this forum for almost 5 years and has, to date, over 5500 posts. But thanks for the good wishes.
Old September 9th, 2012, 01:46 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss140 View Post
snafu good luck on loosing weight.
I would like to suggest that you lower your carbohidrate intake to loose weight. I lost 32 lbs in 3 months by lowering my carbs plus walking everyday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
I lower my carbs too, when I need to lose weight.

Sounds like cutting carbs may in addition to sweets may be the way to go. Kaykay (or anyone whose done it) what do you set your carb limit to? Or how do you set it (ie: do you base your limit on age, weight, desired weight loss?)

Also - I can't find it now, but somewhere ... in some thread .... I'd posted about discovering that once you reach a certain age you need to exercise an hour daily just to maintain your weight I'm doing 1/2 hour.
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:11 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Well, there's no formula really (that I'm aware of). I don't really count carbs unless I'm actively trying to lose weight, but I do stay aware of whether the foods I'm eating have a lot of carbs or not. If I had to guess, I'd say I probably average about 100-120 carbs per day. Some days I have more, some days I have less - just depending on what's on the menu.
Old September 9th, 2012, 04:32 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, there is a formula. Carbs should be about 50 % of calories, protein and healthy fats about 25% of calories each day. The carbs and fat can be lowered in favor of more protein in those with dietary restrictions.

I personally try to stay below 150 g of carbs and above 25 g of fiber (complex carbs and whole grains) and below 25 g of fat. Sat fat is kept below 10 g. This is because of my other health issue.
Old September 12th, 2012, 04:53 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I found one site that reported a national health org. recommended 130 carbs per day.

Another site recommended an amount of net carbs (snafu = ) for weight loss. Turns out net carbs is as follows

total carbs - fiber = net carbs

(- I just can picture doing all sorts of mental math & record keeping for this)

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old September 12th, 2012, 05:07 PM

It's really not that hard. Most products that are for people keeping track of this have "net carbs" on their packaging.
Old September 28th, 2012, 04:05 PM
future crazy cat lady

I've passed the half way mark for my weight loss goal

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:45 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you!
Old September 29th, 2012, 12:33 AM

Hooray!!! WTG, snafu!