Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old January 21st, 2008, 09:45 PM
She Who Must Be Obeyed

HisHeathenHoney has much to be proud ofHisHeathenHoney has much to be proud ofHisHeathenHoney has much to be proud of
Re: Exercise buddy

Hmm...

So, where is everyone?

I *just* made it three times last week--Pilates with a short elliptical session afterwards, long elliptical, and then squeaked it up to 3 by my 30 minute "walking off the pounds" DVD. Slightly lame, perhaps, but I managed it.

Today (holiday--no gym) I managed to do walk away the pounds plus a 20 minute Pilates tape. Hoping to be a little better this week...but it's a busy week.

C'mon everybody! You can do it!
Old January 22nd, 2008, 08:34 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

I did one and half hours Karate last Friday.

Erm......

Does watching DS do Karate last night count?

It's just too darn cold on a morning to get up early!
Old January 22nd, 2008, 08:46 PM

grubby will become famous soon enough

Soooo sorry. School started last week.

But I have been doing okay. 3 times on the treadmill last week, which is great for me. Plus I have been volunteering at my 4yo gymnastics class. Chasing ten 4yo is definitely a workout.

We just got a new gym in town (all we currently have is Curves, its a small town) that is open 24 hours and I am looking in to joining. I tend to be an early bird and may have better luck squeezing in some gym time at 4-5 in the morning than trying to do it with the kids home.
Old January 28th, 2008, 10:13 AM

elaine will become famous soon enough

Is it too late for me to join? I need to get my butt in gear, also.

I treadmilled yesterday for 40 minutes, so the week is off to a good start. How's everyone else doing?
Old February 29th, 2008, 03:08 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

*Sigh*
Old March 2nd, 2008, 07:09 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I lost a few pounds, but not due to exercise . I had a virus and was ill-I didn't eat much for about 5-6 days, now that I'm better my weight is going back up
Old March 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I had that happen too, snafu. At least something good came out of it.

SO.... since I'm down a walking partner, I went back to Curves today. I used to be a tried-and-true regular there but last summer came along and I took a break. (Curves had been part of my drop-the-kids-off routine) Once school started up I couldn't keep up both the walking and the Curves visit (time constraints). I was glad to be back there.

And of course, before I can get into the habit of going, spring break is next week.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 05:50 PM

mommyT is on a distinguished road

I just saw this thread today... but I wanna join too!!! I had a baby 2 months ago... and I have 12 pounds left to lose... and a lot of toning up to do!!! I find it hard to find time to excersize with 3 kids, but I have been trying to do some walking with the two little ones while my son is in school, and then I try to do walking and the Kettlebell, when my oldest is in school and my 3 YO is in preschool on the two days he goes.
Old March 5th, 2008, 03:46 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone wanna come over here and give me a gigantic kick up the bum!

I don't know what's going on with me at all. I am breathless rushing DS to school - literally 3 minutes away! I KNOW I need to exercise, I HAVE to do it!

Two years ago I was running all over the place with barely a hair out of place (walking/running almsot a mile some days to DD's nursery) I was exercising almost every day, had energy to do other things, I KNOW it's good for me. I was feeling great! I could get into nice clothes!

I just don't have the motivation, impetus, anything to just get up and do it at the moment.

I still do my Karate. Got my 8th Kyu grading last Friday! But even that gets me out of breath. If I was fitter, I could put more into that too!

I wanna be Buffy the Vampire Slayer - without the Vampire Slaying! Heck I just wanna be how I was two years ago! Wahhhh!
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:59 AM

Grace is on a distinguished road

I usually avoid this thread out of guilt.

Just thought I'd stop by and see what everyone else is up to that I'm not. I am only getting to the gym once a week these days, so you're all doing better than I am.

I think it's a great idea, I just, well... maybe later...