Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old March 5th, 2008, 06:48 AM

grubby will become famous soon enough
Re: Exercise buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
I lost a few pounds, but not due to exercise . I had a virus and was ill-I didn't eat much for about 5-6 days, now that I'm better my weight is going back up
I kind of did the same thing last year snafu, kind of. I lost 25 pounds, but not due to the flu, but having open heart surgery last May (no exactly the best way to lose weight, )

BUT, the main thing is I have managed to keep the weight off for the last 10 months. My goal is mainly just to tone up. I will never be a size 4 but I am quite happy to be at the weight I am if I could just tone up a little.

I was a much better parent... before I had kids!
Old March 5th, 2008, 08:22 AM

elaine will become famous soon enough

Well..........
Hmmm.........
**sigh**

Does this mean we are back on?
Old March 17th, 2008, 02:52 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

*humming, shuffling feet* Do I hear an echo in hear?

Spring break kind of put a damper on my return-to-Curves routine, but the kids and I walked and walked and walked in Philly... that counts, right? Kind of? Not counting the cheese steaks? I routinely beat my kids to the top of long flights of stairs and made sure to let them know how pathetic it was that their old mom could run stairs and they couldn't. (No, not the Art Museum... no Rocky background music needed )

This morning I was back at Curves, and hope to keep up 3-days-per-week until June. I'm replacing my daily walk with a regiment of workout tapes (beginner level). That won't last because I'll (1) get bored and (2) think of 100 things to do other than the workout tape (my problem with exercising at home). But for now... I need the nagging.

Can someone please nag me?
Old March 18th, 2008, 01:42 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

I need some nagging too! Though I think it's very impressive, KayKay, that you could beat your kids to the top of long flights of stairs!

My last Karate Class we did toe to toe fighting and I didn't get much fighting in before my face had turned to beetroot and looked like I had spent the last half hour in the sauna! I was the butt of many jokes that night.

Didn't help that I'd already pulled something in my groin the previous week from "attempting" to do sidekicks and was still recovering from that, not to mention my chesty cough making friends with my asthma! Excuses, excuses!

I'm on an Easter break now from Karate and want to try and get some workout DVD's in over the next two weeks so that it will take a little while longer before I look like a beetroot which has been in a sauna in my next class!
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old March 18th, 2008, 09:45 AM

Nag! Nag! Nag! Nag! Nag!
Common! We can do this!

Now... let's get in gear! What days do we want to check in? Yup, I said DAYS, so we can keep eachother on track. Who's in?

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old March 18th, 2008, 10:36 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Shall we check in say on A) Mon, Wed, Fri.?

or how about B) Tues, Thurs, Sun?

My vote is for option B
Old March 18th, 2008, 10:40 AM

grubby will become famous soon enough

Sorry ladies. I've been slacking but with good reason. I have been put on restrictions for a short time until I see my cardiologist (remember I had open heart surgery for an aneurysm last year). I had an echocardiogram that may or may not show a slight bulge near the graph (and echocardiograms are NOT the best for diagnosing these) , but I just had my CT and should get the results back on it next week when I see my cardiologist. So, until they can confirm that everything is okay, I have been put on weight and activity restrictions. (BTW, I an really bad about following orders.). Really no big deal, but better safe than sorry right now.

I was a much better parent... before I had kids!
Old March 18th, 2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
Shall we check in say on A) Mon, Wed, Fri.?

or how about B) Tues, Thurs, Sun?

My vote is for option B
Tues, Thur, Sun is fine with me!

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old March 18th, 2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubby View Post
Sorry ladies. I've been slacking but with good reason. I have been put on restrictions for a short time until I see my cardiologist (remember I had open heart surgery for an aneurysm last year). I had an echocardiogram that may or may not show a slight bulge near the graph (and echocardiograms are NOT the best for diagnosing these) , but I just had my CT and should get the results back on it next week when I see my cardiologist. So, until they can confirm that everything is okay, I have been put on weight and activity restrictions. (BTW, I an really bad about following orders.). Really no big deal, but better safe than sorry right now.
grubby,
I'm sorry grubby. When you say "a slight bulge", what do you mean? Are they thinking there could be complications? Goodness, I hope not. You have been through so much already. But, please, do follow your doctors orders. We will give you an out.... this time.

Old March 19th, 2008, 03:57 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubby View Post

Fingers crossed for you and sending some positive vibes for some good news.
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara