Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old March 19th, 2008, 07:29 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Exercise buddy

grubby - keep us posted. I hope it turn out okay.
Old March 19th, 2008, 01:32 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Okay.... question for the gallery....

I'm trying to get in a groove of doing workout DVD's. (Nothing strenuous... just some beginners DVD's. Light cardio and a little teeny bit of strength training). I adopted a program that I found in a magazine article just because I didn't have a better idea *shrug*. The program recommends 2 different DVD's, and recommends different sections of the DVDs on different days.

Monday went fine. Tuesday's DVD... I did too many squats and am very tight today. So needless to say, I don't want to do Wednesday's section (which is the same as Monday's - a cardio section). I'm supposed to rest on Thursday.

Note below: I have been to Curves every day this week (even this morning while sore, which made me even more sore this afternoon) and will not go for the rest of the week since now the kids are off for Easter break.

What do y'all think? Should I do Wednesday's section half-heartedly, or should I rest today and do Wednesday's section on Thursday?
Old March 19th, 2008, 01:41 PM

nonnymouse will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Okay.... question for the gallery....

I'm trying to get in a groove of doing workout DVD's. (Nothing strenuous... just some beginners DVD's. Light cardio and a little teeny bit of strength training). I adopted a program that I found in a magazine article just because I didn't have a better idea *shrug*. The program recommends 2 different DVD's, and recommends different sections of the DVDs on different days.

Monday went fine. Tuesday's DVD... I did too many squats and am very tight today. So needless to say, I don't want to do Wednesday's section (which is the same as Monday's - a cardio section). I'm supposed to rest on Thursday.

Note below: I have been to Curves every day this week (even this morning while sore, which made me even more sore this afternoon) and will not go for the rest of the week since now the kids are off for Easter break.

What do y'all think? Should I do Wednesday's section half-heartedly, or should I rest today and do Wednesday's section on Thursday?
Do Wed. section on Wed. and be proud of yourself on Thursday. My mom starts switching things around and then gives up on her good plans altogether. Just easier to stick with it as is and get it over with.

Squats are different than light cardio IMO. Your working different areas each day it sounds like. Great. Don't think about it too much just go for it and be done.

It sounds like you have been doing a lot and can be very proud of yourself already. Good for you!
Old March 19th, 2008, 01:47 PM

After reading some of the earlier posts I could have just said,

Nag, Nag, Naggity, Nag, Nag!!! Get back to workout.

On another note: Hope your tests are going well grubby. Sending healing vibes and prayers your way.
Old March 19th, 2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnymouse View Post
Squats are different than light cardio IMO. Your working different areas each day it sounds like. Great. Don't think about it too much just go for it and be done.
okay...

1) you'd be surprised how much quads are used in my light cardio DVD... owie owie.

and

2) I did it!!! Thanks for the nagging nonnymouse! I saw what you wrote and knew you were right. I decided not to think too much about it and just did it.

Now I get Thursday off! Yippee!

The funny thing will be tonight... I have a 2 hour board meeting to sit through. I wonder if I'll be able to stand up afterwards?
Old March 19th, 2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
okay...

1) you'd be surprised how much quads are used in my light cardio DVD... owie owie.

and

2) I did it!!! Thanks for the nagging nonnymouse! I saw what you wrote and knew you were right. I decided not to think too much about it and just did it.

Now I get Thursday off! Yippee!

The funny thing will be tonight... I have a 2 hour board meeting to sit through. I wonder if I'll be able to stand up afterwards?
Yeah for you!!!!!

I've begun telling my DH I am his angel because he wants to do so much harping, lol.

Glad the nagging had a positive effect.

And best wishes for being able to stand after the meeting. A massage before hand might help. You can say you are under special orders to have at least one a week (daily is better) because you are doing so well exercising.
Old March 19th, 2008, 04:32 PM

elaine will become famous soon enough

Good for you, KayKay!

I've been thinking of buying a video or two myself. Does anybody have anything they would recommend? (Something that combines cardio and strength training?)

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old March 22nd, 2008, 10:44 AM

Well it's Saturday, so I'm checking in. SOMEONE has to start!

I've hit all of my goals as far as exercising this week (still have a DVD to do today, but I'll get it done!) Thanks nonnymouse, for cracking the whip!

My big problem has been the eating... GOSH I've been starving this week! And, unfortunately, there seem to have been lots of rogue sweets laying around... just one left from the St. Patrick's Day cookies I bought for the kids (I'd better eat it so the kids don't fight over it), just two Girl Scout cookies left in the box (I'd better eat them before they go stale), just one fun size Milky Way bar left in the freezer (I'd better eat it to make room in the freezer). It hasn't been pretty.

Elaine - I can tell you what *I'm* doing, DVD-wise. I don't know if it's right for you - I don't even know if it's right for me. I just read this program in a magazine article (Prevention, February 2008) and decided I had nothing better. (It's sad that I *used* to read Cosmo, Glamour and In Style... now I read Prevention )

Here's a link to the article:
http://www.prevention.com/cda/articl...cise.equipment

I'm doing the "For Beginners" DVDs, and if I can stick with it for a few weeks will try the "Weight Loss" DVDs. HTH!
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:04 AM

elaine will become famous soon enough

Way to go KayKay!

Last week was good. I got in a workout 6 days. I'm not off to as good a start this week, though. Sunday is counted for, but no official work-out for yesterday (other than a 15 min walk). I plan on being back on track today, though!

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:56 PM

Shamelessly seeking a pat on the back... Sorry to be so needy guys, but I'm in the "high need" part of working out which, for me, is "getting into the routine". Should I start my own pity thread? LOL.

Life was running amok today and I realized at 11:20pm (my time) that I hadn't remembered to do my workout DVD! It wasn't that I was skipping it... I just honestly forgot, given my running-around-like-a-headless-chicken routine! I got the kids to bed quickly (like I said... life ran amok today... YES my kids were still up at 11:20pm! ) and I did it!! It was the hard, Tuesday workout too. Would have been pleasurable to skip... Woo-hoo! I'm so glad I did it!

Except for during the last set of reverse lunges when I think I heard something in my left quad rip.

Elaine... WAY TO GO!!! Yay for you!! I think the 15 minute walk counts.