Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old March 26th, 2008, 10:46 AM

elaine will become famous soon enough
Re: Exercise buddy

Hey.... we need that pat on the back! And thank you for the encouragement, too! I commend you for doing your workout that late. I probably would have given up and gone to bed. In fact, I got in a real funk yesterday and didn't do much. BUT in an effort to try to make up for that, I went to the gym this morning and did an hour job/walk on the treadmill. Yay!

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:11 PM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Well I finally got off my bum and did 30 mins of my DVD workout Monday Morning and 40 mins today. I'll never achieve doing the full 50 mins of the DVD so don't expect me to ok? One of the sections is Hi-Intensity and no matter how fit I got when I used this DVD last time I never got to master that. It was just well too intense!

ETA: does spending all day yesterday walking round a huge shopping centre count?
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old March 26th, 2008, 05:18 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Annsdil... it does in my book!! Extra credit for weights if you were carrying shopping bags!
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:48 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Checking in... three times at Curves and I did all of the DVD's I was supposed to do (5-day-per-week schedule). It's getting easier. Not "easy" yet, but "easier".

Easter killed me. Available chocolate combined with chocolate-craving-time-of-the-month is not conducive to weight loss.

Anyone else?
Old March 30th, 2008, 11:33 AM

Bravo, KayKay!

I got my work-outs in the week, too. Yay for us! (I hear you about the Easter Candy. But, who can resist chocolate?)

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old March 30th, 2008, 12:43 PM

Yay Elaine!!!

Okay... if it takes three weeks to form a good habit, we're getting there!
Old March 31st, 2008, 04:07 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Well I got another 40 min workout in last Friday, and one this morning and I really am going to try and get up early tomorrow and do one before the youngest goes to nursery.

I got to thinking about my traul through the huge shopping centre and I guess the KFC and the cookies we ate there, plus the fish and chip supper we had at home later kind of offset the walking and put me overdrawn!
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old March 31st, 2008, 08:20 PM

LOL Annsdil! Just be glad you *did* do the walking! (Or would you not have had the KFC and cookies if you hadn't? )
Old April 1st, 2008, 10:28 AM

Oh, Annsdil.... You are too funny. At least you are not as overdrawn as you would have been otherwise! (At least, that's what I try to tell myself in these situations! )

So, how's everyone doing this week so far? I've got 2.5 out of 3 so far this week.

Old April 1st, 2008, 12:47 PM

I erm... <cough> <whistle> didn't quite get there this morning.

I got dressed in my workout stuff, but I had to turn on the computer, being as it's the media centre to play the DVD and then got waylaid as DS came down and needed breakfast and then I had to do something important on the computer - trust me, I really did need to do it!