Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old September 3rd, 2013, 05:50 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: End of a friendship?

Some people just aren't the emotional-bonding-best-friends type. I have friends, but I neither share my life's secrets nor do I have a desire to know the deep emotional feelings of his life. We're friends, he's probably the one friend I'm closest with, but I still keep it at a certain distance. Likewise... he's the same way which is probably why we get along so well.

Speaking for myself. If I were to have someone who was trying to "push" there life and friendship onto me; I would push away. That's not to say everyone does that - that's just me. Some people don't care for dramatics in friendships. Personally, I don't really recall any guys who ever particularily cared to deal with the dramatics from another person. They may tolerate it and listen, but to deal with it with any repititious consistency... Personally, I think they would bail out or make themselves scarce.

Quote:
I've been offered counselling but I don't need it...
My guess is you expect people to fit into a certain mold. That will never happen. Everyone is an individual with different thoughts, plans, processes, wants, needs, desires, ideas, expectations and beliefs. That list can go on and on. Conflict begins when one individual expresses any of the above and expects the other individual to... what's the word? Follow with the same belief or just agree (can't think of the word).

Respect your friends space. At that matter... respect everyone's space. You'll do better in the friendship department if you do that and stop trying to control their friendship with you. No one is going to fit into a mold someone else expects them to.

I wish you the best.

Last edited by Knot2loud; September 4th, 2013 at 05:01 AM.

Tags
arguing, bestfriends, end, era, fallout