Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Closed Thread

Old April 4th, 2013, 09:40 PM

longhairedgnome will become famous soon enough
Re: protein supplements

Harry and Benedict....twins?
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:01 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I know and they don't take hints.
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:49 PM

janne is on a distinguished road

Quality protein also helps you sustain muscle during weight loss, improve muscle fitness, immunity, and antioxidant function, build HDL Cholesterol and leptin function all of which contribute toward optimal weight management efforts over time.
Old May 30th, 2013, 06:58 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by janne View Post
Quality protein also helps you sustain muscle during weight loss, improve muscle fitness, immunity, and antioxidant function, build HDL Cholesterol and leptin function all of which contribute toward optimal weight management efforts over time.
What is "quality protein?"
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:02 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe steak?
Old June 4th, 2013, 07:40 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

I ate some peanuts last night. Is that "quality protein?"

They were salted - sea salt as a matter of fact. Is sea salt iodized? I sure would hate to get a goiter.

Sometime I eat raw peanuts. I usually give them to the squirrels, but sometime I don't feel like sharing with the little rodents so I sit on my bench and eat them myself.

Screw the little fuzzy tailed rats. These peanuts are MINE!
Old August 20th, 2013, 12:26 AM

random is on a distinguished road

Natural protein shake is always better for your health and gives you a lot of energy according to your routine work out.Why protein is much better for bodybuilders because pure for the protein and have more nutritional value!
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:27 AM
is never to loud.

Protein shakes that bodybuilders use is only intended to bulk up muscle. They may have nutritional value, but when I spoke to a dietician about protein drinks she recommended NOT using them just for a daily diet.

Hence... For those who want to lose or gain weight... See a doctor and/or licensed dietician. Television advertisments, magazine ads and public forums are NOT the place to get professional advice when it comes to losing or gaining weight.
Old August 21st, 2013, 09:09 PM

stacyjmes1 is on a distinguished road

Adding some frozen fruit, a cup of nonfat yogurt (which is also a good source of protein), juice and protein powder to a blender can be a quick and easy breakfast shake that helps give you energy for the day while battling mid-morning hunger.

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; August 22nd, 2013 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Remove advertising link
Old September 20th, 2013, 02:25 AM

janne is on a distinguished road

Protein supplements are okay for body builders, but having natural protein rich foods instead of supplements is always a healthy option..Have egg-whites and soy milk as they are high protein foods..
Closed Thread