Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old July 10th, 2014, 09:29 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Vicious Cycle

Wow! That's awesome! Good for her... and healthy!
Old July 10th, 2014, 06:04 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

my weight has seemed to settle at 150 lbs. and I'm out of shape

when I lose any of that weight, I regain it a while later (if I go over I'm able to get back down to 150, but not much under .... unless I'm sick)

time to try the food diary
Old July 11th, 2014, 07:15 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annsdil View Post
You eat "normally" but not excessively for 5 days of the week. For two days you restrict down to around 500 cals for an "average" woman or a quarter of your TDEE for the likes of shorties like Lucy and I!
I have to confess... I tried this fasting 2 times a week. I need to eat something so I don't get sick. When I counted calories at the end of the day, I ended up eating more on my fast days.

I have also tried the "cheat day." It usually turns into a cheat weekend.

That's why I HAVE to do the exercise to help balance it out. But then I have to be careful that I don't use exercise as an excuse to eat, either.

I'm thinking I just like to eat.
Old July 11th, 2014, 10:23 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

I love eating Lucy! I don't count back any exercise I do and it shouldn't be counted in on a fast day. I found if I ate a little something day for breakfast I was even hungrier through the day. But I just make sure I drink plenty. I manage to find a substantial meal for 350 cals on a fast day which is a quarter of my TDEE. If you manage to stick to the fasts then you should have a calorie deficit even eating what you want on a non-fast day because you find you can't eat back the calories saved.

Another option is 4:3. Less for the health benefits and more for the weight loss. Instead of only eating 500 cals for two of the days you can eat 1000 cals for three days then what you want for the other four! In my case I could eat 700 cals for three days then what I wanted for 4. The idea being you still create the equivalent calorie deficit you need to lose weight but easier to do if you struggle with such a restricted amount of calories.
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara

Last edited by Annsdil; July 11th, 2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Appalling autocorrect!
Old July 11th, 2014, 12:49 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean about eating breakfast on fast days. I can't make it through if I do. Breakfast is an appetizer!

I might try the fasts again. After lunch!
Old July 12th, 2014, 01:57 PM

Swiss140 is just really niceSwiss140 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
my weight has seemed to settle at 150 lbs. and I'm out of shape

when I lose any of that weight, I regain it a while later (if I go over I'm able to get back down to 150, but not much under .... unless I'm sick)

time to try the food diary
150 is great! I wish I could get there. LOL
I was 135 out of high school but I seem to be stuck at 190 now

Last edited by Swiss140; July 12th, 2014 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling error
Old July 13th, 2014, 04:22 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

apples are a good food to tide you over

have you thought about eating natural foods/snacks that are good for diabetics? they tend to fill you up
Old July 15th, 2014, 06:26 AM

That's exactly my challenge, snafu.

While DH and the boys are eating big, juicy burgers, I'm eating a Boca burger. Or they are eating a steak, and I'm eating a salad with no dressing. Or fish. Or beans. Yet I'm the one who is overweight.

Good news, though! I was finally able to run pain free yesterday.
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:40 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Metabolisms are different. The dilemma is figuring out which diet/weight loss plan works best.
Old July 15th, 2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot2loud View Post
Metabolisms are different. The dilemma is figuring out which diet/weight loss plan works best.
Yep. The one that works best for me is the older WW's exchange program: 5 meats/milks, 5 fruits/veggies, 4 grains, and 2 fats. That comes to about 1000 calories a day.

Not a lot of room for my Coke or chocolate.