Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old September 11th, 2007, 04:31 PM

suzanne is on a distinguished road
Re: Who plays Santa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandsala View Post
that was another thing that ticked me off, every year, my inlaws would ask my DS1 what he wanted, he would tell them, and we would tell them not to get a certain item or two, and every year, they would get it, and tell us that since we got to see DS all the time they had the right to get him everything he wanted so they didnt "miss out". What they were missing out on i dont know considering they saw him more than anyone else BUT us. Oh and the ever lovely year that my mil kept every present my DS1 got for birthday and christmas, and told him he couldnt bring it home (even toys they didnt buy him, stuff WE bought) because mommy and daddy never played with him anyway(blatent lie there).

yeah, but their feelings are more important and we shouldnt have told them to stop doing these things?
Please, listen to me.....I have years on you. I hope and pray that this is the worst thing that ever happens to you. Believe me, this is not worth it.
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:39 PM

elaine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
No, it shouldn't be a problem. If you want to hurt someone's feelings forever over something like this...go ahead.
With all due respect, the feelings of my five year old child far outweight the feelings of an adult woman. To some degree, I am responsible for my child; I'm not responsible for her. If she needs to make this an issue and decides her feelings are going to be hurt forever.... well, so be it. Better her than my child. She knows better; my son does not and shouldn't have to worry about such things at five years old. He's a child.
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Surfin With The Manta Ray

Pandsala is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Please, listen to me.....I have years on you. I hope and pray that this is the worst thing that ever happens to you. Believe me, this is not worth it.
wth, what is wrong with you? did you miss how i said my husbands parents told my son that we didnt play with him so she was keeping his toys and if he wanted them he would have to go to her house?

my son isnt worth it? their feelings are worth more than my family? Im sorry your DIL is a B2tch, but my mil is not a saint just because she popped my DH and SIL out to keep her husband from divorcing her and to look good (her explanation for having kids "well it was what i was expected to do, and i was afraid my husband would divorce me if i didnt give him kids"). my mil is psychotic, and nothing and no one can change that but her.

thank god we cut them ou of our lives, because they would literally destroy us if they could. All because THEY wanted to be number one in everything no matter who it hurt.
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:42 PM

Another Disheartened DIL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine View Post
With all due respect, the feelings of my five year old child far outweight the feelings of an adult woman. To some degree, I am responsible for my child; I'm not responsible for her. If she needs to make this an issue and decides her feelings are going to be hurt forever.... well, so be it. Better her than my child. She knows better; my son does not and shouldn't have to worry about such things at five years old. He's a child.

That is a great way of explaining the other side.
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine View Post
I truly hope and pray that this is the worst thing that ever happens to you.
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
oh and btw, that ISNT the worst thing that happened to me, the worst was when she climbed into a second story bedroom window after id told her she wasnt welcome in my home, came downstairs calling my name, while i hid wih my child in a bathroom because i was scared of someone who would break into my home just to spite me when i told them NO.

so please get off your high horse of supposed age and wisdom and join the rest of us down here in the reality that EVERY SITUATION IS DIFFERENT!

christ.
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:52 PM

FLAlady is on a distinguished road

Overall, I agree with Vavoom. I think even my older kids would believe that Santa might be going to more than one place. Do your own Santa thing and sit back and let others do it too. Maybe some kids, though, are very literal about where Santa goes. Mine are not. They would be fine if Santa went elsewhere as well.
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
oh and btw, that ISNT the worst thing that happened to me, the worst was when she climbed into a second story bedroom window after id told her she wasnt welcome in my home, came downstairs calling my name, while i hid wih my child in a bathroom because i was scared of someone who would break into my home just to spite me when i told them NO.

so please get off your high horse of supposed age and wisdom and join the rest of us down here in the reality that EVERY SITUATION IS DIFFERENT!

christ.
No, that still is not the worst. I hope her climbing in is not the worst you ever have happen.
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:53 PM

Vavoom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Im sorry your DIL is a B2tch, but my mil is not a saint just because she popped my DH and SIL out to keep her husband from divorcing her and to look good (her explanation for having kids "well it was what i was expected to do, and i was afraid my husband would divorce me if i didnt give him kids"). my mil is psychotic, and nothing and no one can change that but her.
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAlady View Post
Overall, I agree with Vavoom. I think even my older kids would believe that Santa might be going to more than one place. Do your own Santa thing and sit back and let others do it too. Maybe some kids, though, are very literal about where Santa goes. Mine are not. They would be fine if Santa went elsewhere as well.
then i disagree with you both partly, i had no problem with santa going to different houses, i had a problem with people who wanted santa to ONLY go to THEIR house or ELSE. kwim?

Santa has gone to at least 3 different peoples houses for my sons, and the only time we had problems with it was when those other two decided that THEY had ot have santa to themselves, and that WE were mean to want to do santa for our own child. Even told us WE were confusing our kid by having santa at our house because, and i quote my mil "Santa ALWAYS comes to my house, its where he is SUPPOSED to go because I WANT TO DO SANTA" followed by a temper tantrum. My mother tried to pull the same BS and i had a talk with her about it, she quit post haste and just enjoyed being santa for her house.