Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old July 14th, 2008, 01:59 PM

august is on a distinguished road
Re: Taking my 12 yr. old grandson for 1 year

I would first really consider getting the daughter some help here, not just by taking the kids until she gets better...that really only allows her to 'mess up' more...enabling in a way, as she needs to buck up and be responsible for her children...maybe parenting classes or some other type of support she can get
Old July 14th, 2008, 02:34 PM

nonnymouse will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv3313 View Post
well, today I had to go into town and pick up my other grandson, 5yrs. old to keep a few days> I was so upset with my daughter, she slept and my grandson was left to run the house with no supervision.
So is your daughter still ill from the cancer? Suffering depression or is there something else going?

I have to say, I've slept while my kids were up before. If I'm sick I set them up with food, drink and games and rest until they need me. How did you know to go over and pick your grandson up?
Old July 14th, 2008, 08:56 PM

lv3313 is on a distinguished road

THANKS FOR THE MANY REPLYS. MY DAUGHTER DOES NEED HELP, BUT SHE WILL NEVER ADMIT IT. AND YES SHE IS ALSO SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSION AND SOME OTHER MEDICAL CONDITIONS. THE LAST PAIN PILLS THE DR. GAVE HER HAD MORPHINE IN THEM, SO SHE JUST COULD NOT GET HERSELF AWAKE ENOUGH TO CARE FOR HER SON AND SHE SHOULD HAVE CALLED IN SOMEONE TO HELP. RIGHT NOW I HAVE BOTH MY 12 YR. OLD AND 5 YR. OLD AND MY NERVES ARE ABOUT SHOt!!!!
Old July 15th, 2008, 12:15 AM

nonnymouse will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv3313 View Post
THANKS FOR THE MANY REPLYS. MY DAUGHTER DOES NEED HELP, BUT SHE WILL NEVER ADMIT IT. AND YES SHE IS ALSO SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSION AND SOME OTHER MEDICAL CONDITIONS. THE LAST PAIN PILLS THE DR. GAVE HER HAD MORPHINE IN THEM, SO SHE JUST COULD NOT GET HERSELF AWAKE ENOUGH TO CARE FOR HER SON AND SHE SHOULD HAVE CALLED IN SOMEONE TO HELP. RIGHT NOW I HAVE BOTH MY 12 YR. OLD AND 5 YR. OLD AND MY NERVES ARE ABOUT SHOt!!!!
Wow, who can you call on to be helping you, right now?

It is good that your daughter has a regular Dr., maybe some others here could come up with something better but would you be able to talk to him or a nurse and let them know the meds are messing up her life. Is she addicted?
Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:20 PM

lv3313 is on a distinguished road

Things have changed a little since I last wrote. I finally talked to my grandson about how he felt about living with me and going to school here next year. I was in for a shock, because I had expected him to be excited and of course say yes, however, he did not! Instead he said he would have to think about it, he wasn't sure if he could make that choice and pretty much sounded like he wanted to stay with his mom and go to school. It must be his decision. I have started counseling/therapy for myself, only been one time, I'm going a few more times at least to see if it can help me cope some with all the issues in my life right now. I am a little skeptical about this, but we'll see. And to answer someone's question, I"m not sure if she is addicted to any prescription drugs or not, I have my suspicions that she could be.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:34 PM

quietlife is on a distinguished road

Is your grandson feeling guilty about leaving his mom? Sometimes in situations like this there is the reversal of the parent/child roles. Something you could discuss with your therapist?

Is it your therapy sessions you aren't sure about?