Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old September 21st, 2007, 03:53 PM

crystalclear is on a distinguished road
The other threads about GP's are closed I want to say Thank you for having those !!

Hi there, I have been reading some of the threads about grandparents and their rights etc... I just wanted to say Thank you !! I thought all this time I was the only person in this "boat". You know having my parents trying to take control of my kids..... they are abusive..... took me to court.... tried to run me over..... slander my name, etc... etc... you name it, they have done it, and all because they have money. Anyhow..... I read the threads and I cried..... THANK YOU..... I am NOT the only one who has terrible parents who are terrible grandparents as well. Thank you all so much, you can't believe what a weight has been lifted from me right now. I haven't felt this good in a LONG time !! I am SO glad I read it !!
Old September 21st, 2007, 04:29 PM

1dilwhosreal will become famous soon enough
Re: The other threads about GP's are closed I want to say Thank you for having those

crystalclear, I'm so sorry to hear that your parents have given you so much heartache. I'm glad you could find some comfort and support here. ((((((hugs)))))
Old September 21st, 2007, 04:34 PM

elaine will become famous soon enough
Re: The other threads about GP's are closed I want to say Thank you for having those

Crystal,

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. The truth is, many of us have difficulties with some family member or another; that is why this site was formed and that is what brought most of us to this site. And even though it doesn't change our own situations, sometimes it is a relief to know you are not the only person in the world in such a difficult situation.

If you have a question, concern, or would like to share a story of your own, please feel free to start another thread. Just because those threads are closed does not mean the topic is closed for discussion.

((Hugs))
Old September 21st, 2007, 04:45 PM
Surfin With The Manta Ray

Pandsala is on a distinguished road

sorry that you have to deal with this too

some good sites to know by heart are:

http://forum.freeadvice.com/forumdis...5&daysprune=-1

http://parentsrights.net/

http://parentsrights.org/

good luck, and welcome.
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:30 PM
Knows Love Can Endure

Berlin is on a distinguished road

Hi Crystal,

It's too bad that your parents have chosen to be that way. It seems to me that Grandparents are just shooting themselves in the foot when they do that. But, like you've found out, sometimes it does help just to know that it's not just you & not just your parents. There are other crazy nut grandparents out there and other Moms and Dads going through the same thing you are.

Hang in there!
Old September 21st, 2007, 08:51 PM

crystalclear is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for your kind words and your support, it means a lot ! Thank you