Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Spouses & Significant Others

Old April 23rd, 2016, 08:35 PM

bmize89 is on a distinguished road
Military Family Help

Hello all, im new to the forums so id like to introduce myself My name is Brandon and i am an active duty service member in the US Navy. I have been happily married for 5 years and we have 2 children together. My daughter is 4 years old and we just had a boy almost 2 months ago. I am honorably seperating from the navy so i can spend more time with my family because its very hard to spend time with them when your gone so frequently and for extended periods of time. Im sure you can imagine the struggles a married couple goes through with this life style and a add a couple kids and the stress multiplies. I had a job "for sure" lined up as of a week ago but at the last minute they decided to go with someone who was already there even though we are driving back to texas from california in less than a week. Now the house we had waiting on us is no longer available because i will not have any employment. With that being said there is quite a bit of stress and tension now, mostly regarding our financial situation. So my wife said maybe we should make a gofundme campaign and see if we could get some help financially with our cross country move and living arrangements (probably a hotel for a few weeks). I am a very proud person and it pains me to ask for any help because i never have, but given the current situation my family and i are in, its really my last option. *moderator removed request for funds* and if you want to talk or give advice that would also be welcomed. Thank you for reading and helping any way you decide to. God Bless.

Last edited by KayKay; April 23rd, 2016 at 08:43 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 08:42 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Military Family Help

Welcome bmize89, and thank you for your service.

I'm afraid I will have to remove your request for funds. It is against our forum rules which can be found here: http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com...aq_forum_rules

We don't allow advertising and we don't allow fund raising.

However, I will leave the thread open in case anyone has advice for you! Wishing you the best of luck. I know it is a tremendously stressful time, but you can do it!

Do you have family in Texas? Is that why you are moving there?
Old April 23rd, 2016, 09:06 PM

bmize89 is on a distinguished road

Yes we do have family in texas, thats why we are moving back. Im sorry i wasnt aware i couldnt post it here, its just that we dont use social media sites so i wasnt sure how i would get the word out. Yes your right, extremely stressful and constantly questioning my decision to seperate but we will land on our feet eventually.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 09:18 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Can your family offer you a place to stay?
Old April 24th, 2016, 12:04 AM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

No offence but there seems to be so many "Go fund me" requests from people out there around the world and its hard to know who is telling the truth,and no proof they are,as we dont know the people asking. So many have been caught out scamming others,there have been a few here in NZ on some news websites lately.They have been caught out too,with the help of social media which is quite interesting.I personally wouldnt donate anyway because of these reasons.

If your request is genuine,than its better to see what govt help you can get in your own area / country first. What budgeting services are available that can help you as they often work with other agencies to help negotiate paying off debt, paying bills etc.They also know about food banks that can help you out.If you have medical insurance to help pay for any councelling you may need.

Best of luck anyway.

Last edited by Catwoman; April 24th, 2016 at 12:13 AM.
Old April 24th, 2016, 06:27 AM

Swiss140 is just really niceSwiss140 is just really nice

Thank you for your service, I have a son in the Marines. I'm not sure are you already Discharged or will be? Any ways how about joining the reserves or National Guard, they pay and you are only away for what one weekend a month?
Old April 24th, 2016, 02:13 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Never beg. Anyone with any sense of dignity would not beg, especially on the internet. Always rely on family and friends first to help you.

If you do not have family or friends, there are many societies and agencies operating which can help with temporary housing. You can google temporary housing assistance or look specifically for Salvation Army, St. Vincent de Paul, Patrician Society, Community Action Agencies, etc.

Temporary housing is often in motels or tiny studios, but that should keep your family under shelter.

It shouldn't take you long to find a job and save for your own apartment. Good luck!