Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old March 16th, 2016, 03:51 AM

karimakkan is on a distinguished road
Re: Worst present you have ever recieved?.....:(

Today is a gift.. that's why it is called present..
Old March 16th, 2016, 04:28 AM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

It may sound bad but my hubby knows better now after 17 years, I chose my own presents as hes so bad at it, I usually hate what he gets me lol. I dont see the point in ending up with some thing you are not going to wear or use.

When we were leaving to come home from my holiday last month from South America,we were frantically trying to shut the suitcases with all the extra stuff people were giving us.I was wishing they would stop turning up with it all. A really sweet Aunty of my husband gave me a big Santa doll thats about 50cms high and really fat dressed as a cholita from the mountains in the Bolivian traditional dress complete with jandals and a poncho and is quite cute,but I thought good god where the heck am I going to fit that in my suitcase?.He actually took up all the room and hes now in my spare bedroom eyeballing us when we walk down the hallway.I will get him out at Xmas lol....the same aunt also bought my son a radio,with a USB port....a strange thing that wont even work here or pick up anything,considering kids watch stuff on the net....she did buy me a lovely pair of sandals I did wear and love though.

We also got 3 new jumpers from another Aunt who was a really lovely person, one is red with navy stripes across the body,the other two have scenes of llamas in the mountains on them in grey,white and brown colours,I just cracked up and said to hubby we can now be twins wearing these gems to the mall lol. Its sad,I know she meant well,but we will never ever wear them,they are too old fashioned and daggy,I could sell them?,and give the money to the kids in their accounts?

Then there was the traditional wine,we got 2 bottles of red and one of white,I opened one and it was like cooking sherry...blerk!!....I couldnt even drink half a glass.So I suggested we give it away to my husbands other friends back here with their gifts,just to get rid of them lol. It was very sweet wine...yuck!!....I tipped the opened bottle down the sink 2 days later,hubby agreed it was horrid.

Last edited by Catwoman; March 16th, 2016 at 04:34 AM.
Old March 16th, 2016, 04:41 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see pictures of those jumpers!
Old March 16th, 2016, 07:21 AM

Swiss140 is just really niceSwiss140 is just really nice

I don't usually buy presents for people and if I do it is cash or a gift card. I am terrible at picking out presents.

My wife's birthday is in May and we usually are found in the yard planting and doing landscaping stuff. About 8 years ago we were working in the yard on her birthday, one of our shovels broke so I went to the store to get a new one. I came back with 2 shovels and a wheel barrel, they were not gifts but I got crap for buying her a wheel barrel for her birthday and I still don't live that down.
Old March 16th, 2016, 09:45 AM

skyisthelimit is on a distinguished road

I can't say it's the worst but I was like, "what the hell is he trying to say?" Well, I received a deodorant last Christmas and I swear I don't stink and take a bath everyday
Old March 16th, 2016, 12:24 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

My nanna when she was alive,used to give me a beach towel,which was ok,but she was also give me a packet of granny knickers because they were comfy lol...why do nannas do that to 20 year old girls?
Old March 16th, 2016, 01:22 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

My mother in law did it for me. She went through my underwear drawer, decided that my dainties weren't comfortable, and was kind enough to offer me granny panties. My husband was not pleased.
Old March 16th, 2016, 03:25 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
My mother in law did it for me. She went through my underwear drawer, decided that my dainties weren't comfortable, and was kind enough to offer me granny panties. My husband was not pleased.
Old March 18th, 2016, 06:38 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

who the H E double hockey sticks goes thru someone else's underwear drawer!

- worst present ... well I refer to it as the X-mas from Hell .... I had a great list ... added a post script "maybe some kitchen stuff would be nice" ... guess what I got - only kitchen stuff (no-one had talked to each other), not one thing I really wanted

since then I've done different list for each person/family

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old September 14th, 2016, 10:00 AM
a beautiful disaster.

emily is on a distinguished road

a really cheap children's sterrio

in fact- it was so bad that after about an hour of play it just broke

the sound quality sucked, the speakers sucked, and the layout sucked

i was a teen at the time.. i really didn't want a sterrio system for 4 year olds