Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old March 12th, 2013, 05:53 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Random stuff...

Hope you don't mind me making this thread. I don't post a lot of miscellaneous, unimportant, completely useless stuff primarily because there's no thread created covering whatever topic at hand. Anyway....

TV Show - The Bachelor

My wife loves the show. I have to admit it gets rather interesting at times. I missed most of the season myself this year, especially the drama queens - they crack me up with their antics.

I liked the outcome of this show - Sean and whatshername . I did feel a little bad for the runnerup (so to speak - that lasted all of about 5 minutes). But she's 24, beautiful and from Missouri. So she'll do just fine.

I wonder if any of them in past episodes ever actually did tie the knot and stay married...

Sure beats "The Dating Game" from years back.
Old March 12th, 2013, 06:02 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Random stuff...

Omg, the Dating Game sure brings back memories! The Bachelor is a far cry from that! But I don't watch it. All the drama makes my blood pressure rise.

Are you going to watch Preacher's Daughter? I'm wondering what kind of preacher would air his family drama like that. And I'm wondering how many congregants will ask, "Do you think it's better if they didn't get married?"
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:23 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't heard of that show until now. If my wife tunes into it then I probably will out of curiosity. She usually controls the remote. If I don't want to watch something I crack a book.

Remember the Ozborne's reality show? That show used to crack me up.
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:39 AM
is never to loud.

Here's one for the diary...

This past weekend I received a phone call from one of my mother's friends and the lady asked me if everything was okay with my mom. I told her as far as I know everything was okay. The lady told me she called her number and someone told her she had died. I was caught off guard and said "say what? Who did you talk to?" She said she knew my mom's voice and the lady she spoke to wasn't her. My heart jumped and I was wondering why I wasn't notified by the retirement home where she lives. Then it dawned on me what had happen.

My mother; who's pushing 90 years, gets these telemarketer phone calls. They try to sell her health insurance, phone discounts, whatever... She'll get at least one call every day or so. She told me she solved the problem... She tells them the lady they're looking for died. Well, it seemed to work - the calls fizzled out or at least slowed down.

I told my mother's friend about what she has been doing and told her I would call her back. I called my mother's number and it rang and rang. Finally the answering machine answered and I said "pick up the phone!" She did... I asked her if she got another one of those telemarketing calls a few minutes ago. She said she had, but she didn't give them an opportunity to start their sales pitch because she told then the lady that lived there had died. I told my mother it was her friend that had called and she had called me wondering about her. After a few laughs I told her she should probably call her friend and tell her she's very much alive.

Old people...
Old March 12th, 2013, 09:54 AM

longhairedgnome will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot2loud View Post
My mother; who's pushing 90 years, gets these telemarketer phone calls. They try to sell her health insurance, phone discounts, whatever... She'll get at least one call every day or so. She told me she solved the problem... She tells them the lady they're looking for died. Well, it seemed to work - the calls fizzled out or at least slowed down.

My gosh, this reminds me of something that happened several years ago with my BF. He has a friend who is quite a joker and that friend worked for the sheriff's department for a while so he had the yellow "Police Line - Do Not Cross" tape in his car. One day while BF was at work, his friend came and wrapped his house in this police tape. BF had a roommate at the time who came home early that day expecting delivery of a new washer and dryer but the delivery people refused to unload them off the truck and take them inside when they saw the police tape.

While that was going on, a couple of kids in the neighborhood saw what was happening and decided that was a good time to try and steal BFs lawn mower. The man next door caught them trying to make off with it and asked them what they were doing. They said the guy that lived there had died so he didnt need it anymore.

Well, this was a small town and the premature news of BFs untimely passing spread fast and his parents started getting phone calls expressing condolences on the loss of their son. They had no clue what was going on and this was before everyone had cell phones so it took them several hours to get a hold of him to make sure he was really ok. Gave them a bit of a scare.

Old March 15th, 2013, 08:04 AM
is never to loud.

Don't eat too many Dry Roasted Peanuts in one sitting... After a few hours they can really do a number on you. Ouch!

Lesson learned...
Old March 15th, 2013, 08:46 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

At least they werent Habenero Peanuts from Hell!
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:56 AM

There is a psychic/spiritual healer near me. Last week I saw her furniture on the front porch. The neighbors say she was evicted. You'd think she would have seen that coming!

And I got the best compliment that I've had in along time. Unfortunately, it mad ODS not so happy. Someone thought he has my husband!
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:37 AM
is never to loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt View Post
There is a psychic/spiritual healer near me. Last week I saw her furniture on the front porch. The neighbors say she was evicted. You'd think she would have seen that coming!

And I got the best compliment that I've had in along time. Unfortunately, it mad ODS not so happy. Someone thought he has my husband!

I've pondered a time or two why psychics and fortune tellers don't live in mansions. Always figured they'd monopolize the lotteries or, at the very least... Bingo.
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:07 AM

I haven't watched General Hospital in over 30 years. I stopped because I thought the weather machine/Ice Princess story line was the dumbest ever! So I turn on the TV today and GH was just starting a I hear Laura talking about the Ice Princes? I missed over 30 years and I missed nothing!