Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > News and Current Events

News and Current Events Discuss news and current events

Old February 6th, 2014, 07:03 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Snowmagedon"

We've missed close to 2 weeks due to snowdays - and its wrecking any planning because schools are not saying when we're making the days up ... we may lose a day or two off spring break, we've lost presidents day, etc

I can't even make plans for summer - I don't know when school ends and summer school begins (DS is taking a class this summer - he didn't have room in his schedule for it)
Old February 7th, 2014, 05:26 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

GKids haven't had school all week. My wife's been taking care of four of them. Got home yesterday and it looked like a tornado struck the inside of the house. Mom and dad came by around 5pm and picked up three of the kids - our 16 yr old GDau wanted to stay another night - She loves our tuna casserole.
Old February 10th, 2014, 08:55 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad you're enjoying their company!

I just shoveled a few more inches of snow for myself and our neighbors. It was nice because I was actually told to go home! Other neighbors are helping each other out, too. I hope that continues because we're supposed to get a whopper Wednesday into Thursday.
Old February 10th, 2014, 10:27 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my gosh!! Is it going to end soon?!?
Old February 10th, 2014, 10:56 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know. The weather men are promising a classic winter thaw the second half of February. We'll see.

Frankly, I'm lucky. We still have people with no power around us.

ETA:
Quote:
**ALERT: INCREASING LIKELIHOOD FOR A MAJOR NOR'EASTER WED NIGHT/THURSDAY... ALARMS ARE SOUNDED***

The European model just came in with another "nuke" and we have enough confidence in that model's consistency as well as being deadlocked with the other foreign model guidance to expect a crippling snowfall somewhere in the vicinity of I-95 and points NW... It is becoming apparent that snowfall will need to be measured with a yardstick instead of a ruler for some places within in our coverage area.
Waahhhh!

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; February 10th, 2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old February 11th, 2014, 05:18 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt View Post
I'm glad you're enjoying their company!

I just shoveled a few more inches of snow for myself and our neighbors. It was nice because I was actually told to go home! Other neighbors are helping each other out, too. I hope that continues because we're supposed to get a whopper Wednesday into Thursday.

That's pretty neat - neighbors helping neighbors. I recall a few years ago I was shoveling out an old couples driveway when this car went by and got stuck in the snow. I shoveled him out and he drove off without a word of thanks... LOL

Ugh! More snow for you? That sucks. Supposed to get in the 50's this weekend. And sunny!
Old February 11th, 2014, 07:12 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking forward to a wet, muddy weekend ... as opposed to snow and more snow ( I just wonder if we're going to get hit with more after getting "warm" again)
Old February 12th, 2014, 04:06 AM

Swiss140 is just really niceSwiss140 is just really nice

It was actually 14 degrees here this morning, though snowing but it is better then the -16 it was yesterday, almost shorts weather in fact.
Old February 12th, 2014, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss140 View Post
It was actually 14 degrees here this morning, though snowing but it is better then the -16 it was yesterday, almost shorts weather in fact.
It's 0 again today. The day it was 40, the high school kids went to school in shorts.
Old February 12th, 2014, 05:47 AM
is never to loud.

Watched the Weather Channel last night. Doesn't look good for some area. I think it showed something like 24" someplace in Pennsylvania.

Yuk!