Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > News and Current Events

News and Current Events Discuss news and current events

Old October 16th, 2016, 06:46 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: news trends or reality

I'm fed up with the "clown" carp .... some students are truly scared and others ... are enjoying the drama

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old October 16th, 2016, 08:26 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I totally don't get what would possess people to do that anyway.
Old October 17th, 2016, 12:09 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

They've been spotted in our local area too. My daughter is scared now. I think this is going to cost lives, whether it's some silly teen doing it for a harmless laugh that gets assaulted or someone with a more sinister agenda doing the harming.
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old October 17th, 2016, 05:22 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingJake View Post
I think its more of a news thing. Look at statistics for gun violence online. There is no noticeable spike in deaths over the past few years. I'd post a link but I'm a noob here so I can't.
I agree... The media gets something they believe will bump up ratings and they run with it.

I listen to the news way to often.
Old October 17th, 2016, 04:49 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

wow Anns, I didn't realize this was an international thing

My fear is that some kids will be idiots at my school & get decked

Old October 19th, 2016, 04:02 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't have a problem with them getting decked. Serves them right for being boneheads, imo.

I worry more about them coming across and scaring someone with a concealed carry permit and a lot of hours spent at the target practice range.
Old October 27th, 2016, 06:54 PM
future crazy cat lady

Thing is I'm afraid I'd be the one to deck 'um.

Old October 28th, 2016, 04:58 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A semi-truck crashed into the side of Olive Garden off I-70 Drive southwest Friday morning, causing the building to catch fire.

The Columbia Fire Department Assistant Fire Chief Brad Frazier said nobody was injured in the crash, and crews were able to put out the fire within an hour.

"The driver was able to extricate himself. He walked away from it," Frazier said. "It took us a little while, there was an access issue getting into the fire to get it extinguished, but we were able to do that in about 45 minutes."

The driver of the semi-truck was transported by ambulance to University Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Seventeen units were still on the scene as of 5 a.m. Friday morning. Crews said the restaurant sustained severe damage. The road has since reopened to the public.
Bummer... My wife and I like to eat there.

The weird thing is... How on God's green Earth did this guy crash into the building? For a tractor to even maneuver onto the parking lot he has to go like 1mph, avoid trees, a ditch, curbs.

I'm not certain what type of truck it was. Maybe it was a smaller delivery truck???

Guess I won't be getting my salad and bread sticks for a couple of weeks.
Old October 28th, 2016, 08:33 AM

Those semis can mow things down if they have enough speed going! It's amazing how much damage a car can do to a building.

How far away is the next nearest Olive Garden Knot2Loud? One should not have to go without breadsticks!!