Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Games

Games Play various forum games

Old May 14th, 2018, 05:12 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Card games

I was wondering what games people played (not "Go Fish" of "Old Maid")

When I was a kid there were a few different one

War (highest number won, ties you'd play the next card in your pile - you had to decided before playing if Aces were high)

Crazy 8 (same as war, except 8s beat everything)

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old May 14th, 2018, 06:34 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Card games

Our Crazy 8's is different than that. You start by being dealt a hand of 8 cards. There is a draw pile and a discard pile (started by turning over the first card in the draw pile), and you placed a card on the card in the discount pile on your turn. Your card has to match the card on top of the discard pile either by suits or numbers, and if you can't match from your hand you have to draw until you do. Eights are wild, and the objective is to get rid of all of your cards.

My favorite card game that my kids aren't interested in learning is Spite and Malice.

I grew up playing Bourre (can't remember how now), Gin Rummy, and plain old Rummy. Spit was a favorite too, and Banana Spit is always a good time. LOL.
Old May 15th, 2018, 05:22 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Kirsina (sp?) It's the one where the 10 of Diamonds is 2 pts, deuce of spades is worth 1 pt each, each ace is worth 1 pt each, most cards is worth 3 pts and most spades is worth 1 pt (11 pts max). My Gma taught me how to play that. She also taught me how to play Rummy and Gin. I was just a little guy back then. I really don't remember how old I was, but I was less than 10.

Canasta (sp?) was a big one too. So many variations of the game. Didn't learn how to play Spades and Hearts until I was an adult.

War became interesting. We used Jokers and One-Eyed Jacks as the high cards. Red 3's was the only card that could take a Jokers and the 2 of spades was the only card that could take the One-Eyed Jacks. Jokers could take One-Eyed Jacks.

We had a weird version of Crazy Eights using two decks of regular playing cards. I don't recall all the nutty things we did because it was... Well... Weird.
Old May 19th, 2018, 12:26 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I played Canasta for the first time in years

Any other card games people know (like "spoons" - I don't remember anything about it)

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )