Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old June 23rd, 2016, 01:36 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute
Fun summer stuff pleeeease?

2 weeks in, and Winter is wet, lol. Well, officially 3 weeks in, but the first week was lovely, so i'm just whinging about the wet stuff.

- I took the dog out for a wee on the gras last night and it felt like walking on a sponge. We live on a hillside, for Goodness' sake.

Fortunately, there are puddles in the carport that i can take those big mudy paws through. However, the puddles are not man enough for the job, and pup had mud all over her. Sigh.

*Mrs X is over cleaning up mud*

*holding out for summer for yet another year*
*Please tell me how hot and sunny it is*

TIA xxxx
Old June 23rd, 2016, 01:50 PM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fun summer stuff pleeeease?

It's summer in the UK and that means usually cloudy with torrential rain and the odd hour of sun shine and too much heat! Although our definition of too much heat is generally half of that in most places in the US or other renowned hot countries! 😀
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old June 23rd, 2016, 04:02 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Sunny and 93F degrees where I am today (34C). My idea of gorgeous weather!

We had an exceptionally wet spring so, while we don't have mud, we are recovering from flooding. We haven't had rain in several weeks and our lake is still far, far over its shores. It is receding and leaving behind dead vegetation and trees that are brown halfway up their trunk. It probably won't be open for boating for months.

Today I tackled cleaning the outdoor lavatory we have. Mother Nature always tries to reclaim it over the winter. This year, there were spider webs everywhere - even in the toilet bowl - and when I went to flush the toilet about 15 little tiny spiders went scurrying from behind the handle (centimeters from my hand). How is that for a fun summer story? At least they were little spiders.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 06:55 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs X View Post
2 weeks in, and Winter is wet, lol. Well, officially 3 weeks in, but the first week was lovely, so i'm just whinging about the wet stuff.

- I took the dog out for a wee on the gras last night and it felt like walking on a sponge. We live on a hillside, for Goodness' sake.

Fortunately, there are puddles in the carport that i can take those big mudy paws through. However, the puddles are not man enough for the job, and pup had mud all over her. Sigh.

*Mrs X is over cleaning up mud*

*holding out for summer for yet another year*
*Please tell me how hot and sunny it is*

TIA xxxx
Hi Mrs X, I live here too lol....our backyard has been a mud bog,and we have a slighly sloping section....gosh its like you need some ski poles to go and put the rubbish out haha......Winter has been quite weird here this year??.
Old June 24th, 2016, 11:58 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Hit 95 yesterday. Hot, humid... Don't mind the heat, but not for long anymore. My wife is pretty proud of her bushes and trees. Unfortunately, the Japanese beetles like them too - in abundance. So we spent about an hour sucking them off her plants with a shop vac - I held the vacuum while she sucked them up with the hose. I'll bet we looked like quite a pair of weirdoes in the middle of the lawn with a shop vac sucking up bugs. Glad no one called the Looney Squad.
Old June 24th, 2016, 01:19 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot2loud View Post
Hit 95 yesterday. Hot, humid... Don't mind the heat, but not for long anymore. My wife is pretty proud of her bushes and trees. Unfortunately, the Japanese beetles like them too - in abundance. So we spent about an hour sucking them off her plants with a shop vac - I held the vacuum while she sucked them up with the hose. I'll bet we looked like quite a pair of weirdoes in the middle of the lawn with a shop vac sucking up bugs. Glad no one called the Looney Squad.
That's a GREAT idea!
Old June 24th, 2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Sunny and 93F degrees where I am today (34C). My idea of gorgeous weather!
My idea of glorious, too, (and i don't mind spiders), lol.
Old June 24th, 2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annsdil View Post
It's summer in the UK and that means usually cloudy with torrential rain and the odd hour of sun shine and too much heat! Although our definition of too much heat is generally half of that in most places in the US or other renowned hot countries! 😀
Yes, you would have thought that one more wet day couldn't actually cause a global recession, but there you go, lol.

Last edited by Mrs X; June 24th, 2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old June 24th, 2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman View Post
Hi Mrs X, I live here too lol....our backyard has been a mud bog,and we have a slighly sloping section....gosh its like you need some ski poles to go and put the rubbish out haha......Winter has been quite weird here this year??.
Lol at the ski poles! (but i know just what you mean).
Old June 24th, 2016, 02:11 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs X View Post
My idea of glorious, too, (and i don't mind spiders), lol.
We have one in our garage we have named Randall. DH and I used our leaf blower to blow away all of the spider webs from the little tiny spiders, but Randall is a wolf spider. DH decided that Randall was big enough to exact revenge while we were sleeping, so we left him alone. I'm not sure what DH disturbed with the leaf blower last night in the corner by Randall, but the next time I passed by there were probably 50 mosquitos in the ceiling corner by the ceiling - not flying, just congregating on the wall. This morning there were probably 50 balls of mosquito corpses in Randall's web. Yay Randall!