Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Step-families

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 6th, 2017, 11:46 PM

Jay21 is on a distinguished road
Can't take much more

I will try to make this quick and easy.
I'm a stepdad. Two great kids, I've been with them since 18 months and birth, 11 and 13 now. So I'm as close to a live in dad as they know. They're bio dad is in picture but lives across the state. He sees them a few times a yr at increasing amounts of time.
To be honest I cannot blame the kids for much, Mom doesn't seem to support me the way she should. IMO, for what it's worth. I am nowhere near a great dad but I do what I think is right trying to enstil disapline and responsibility. Nothing crazy ie. pick up after yourself. World seems to be too difficult for mom most of the time. She sets bad examples doesn't back me up on much. Always wants to play instead of being financially responsible. I gave up trying to get upset yrs ago, it went nowhere. She shuts down. I can't expect the kids to do anything mom won't. I can't stand the idea of the kids not being here everyday, they've become my main purpose. I am not sure how much longer I can hang in here though. Once again I am nowhere near perfect, I've been told I become condescending when I get mad. Could be true. I'm not a neat freak just tired of only needing to clean for company. I need to pay off bills so I can breathe. This is difficult to do by myself.
I was always determined not to get a divorce, seeing what it was like growing up w/o Dad. I've been alone in my relationship for along time. Every day now I am killing myself internally dealing with this.